ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First time minor passport naturalised parents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

phoenix49
Ireland

First time minor passport naturalised parents

Post by phoenix49 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:47 pm

Hello! I'm applying for my son's first time passport as he just got naturalised but I'm not sure which documents to submit from the perspective of parents.

When he was born, my & my wife were non Irish citizens, but since then we became citizens. Now the document checklist has this section:

Born in Ireland to Non EU/EEA/Swiss parents
Parent’s passport(s) with permission stamps to reside in Ireland for the required residency period (For further details please see http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/re ... ion-stamps); AND
The parent’s GNIB card, or Irish Residency Permit (IRP); AND
Summary statement of parent’s “permission to remain stamps” in the passport, signed by that parent

Now we don't have IRP cards and the residency period stamps are only in the old passport.

How can I proceed here, can I send photocopies of our Irish passports instead? Thanks!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: First time minor passport naturalised parents

Post by littlerr » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:31 pm

You said your son was naturalised recently, but then you were trying to apply for his passport on the basis that he was born on the island of Ireland. You need to select naturalisation instead.

phoenix49
Ireland

Post by phoenix49 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:05 pm

That's what I did - applied via naturalisation route. It seems that the second page of passport application consent document which mentions extra documents does not apply to naturalisation. I'm thinking of just supplying passport copies (mine & my wife's).

Same is described here: https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/t ... tml#l080a3 - no option for a naturalised child

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:07 pm

The website says the following:
Additional documentation to confirm the child’s Irish citizenship. The documents you need to provide depend on how the child became an Irish citizen – see below.

The additional documentation you need to send depends on how your child obtained their Irish citizenship.
As your child did not become a citizen using any of the route described in the additional documentation, you do not need to submit anything extra. The original naturalisation certificate alone is sufficient.

Btw - citizeninformation is not always up to date. Use the official passport website for required documents.
https://www.dfa.ie/passports/documentar ... dspassport

Under the 'Child first time application' section, expand the 'Where was your child born' section, and click on 'Child is a Naturalised Irish citizen'.

phoenix49
Ireland

Post by phoenix49 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:12 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:07 pm
The website says the following:
Additional documentation to confirm the child’s Irish citizenship. The documents you need to provide depend on how the child became an Irish citizen – see below.

The additional documentation you need to send depends on how your child obtained their Irish citizenship.
As your child did not become a citizen using any of the route described in the additional documentation, you do not need to submit anything extra. The original naturalisation certificate alone is sufficient.
Thanks! I came to that conclusion as well. It's a bit vague on their end, I'd prefer if they indicated explicitly that for naturalised children no extra docs are needed.

Mods: topic can be closed.