ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My 6 months ceremony deadline is in 3 weeks. I haven't received the ceremony letter yet.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dmoralez
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

My 6 months ceremony deadline is in 3 weeks. I haven't received the ceremony letter yet.

Post by dmoralez » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:43 pm

This summer I emailed to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and got a reply that my citizenship application was accepted on 13th May. I was abroad so I decided that the ceremony invitational letter was in my mailbox. When I returned to the UK month ago I haven't found it. So I emailed to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk again and asked them to send a copy. In their automatical reply they said that they will try to respond on 20 working days. It's 22nd day now. My deadline is in 3 weeks. Is there any alternative ways of contacting them? I heard that call center is useless. Is there a big chance they refuse my application if I fail to attend the ceremony by deadline?
Thank you.

TerryGH
Chile

Re: My 6 months ceremony deadline is in 3 weeks. I haven't received the ceremony letter yet.

Post by TerryGH » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:07 pm

When did you apply for naturalisation?
And was your application approved or just accepted?

dmoralez
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: My 6 months ceremony deadline is in 3 weeks. I haven't received the ceremony letter yet.

Post by dmoralez » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:14 am

I applied 26.01.21
It was approved 13.05.21

TerryGH
Chile

Post by TerryGH » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:17 am

You need to contact your council and book a ceremony. Not all councils do it automatically, in many cases you need to book it yourself.

dmoralez
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dmoralez » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:47 pm

I need the unique number from the ceremony invitation letter to book the ceremony, do I? Without the letter I can't book it

irish_sunset
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by irish_sunset » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:48 pm

I am in the same boat as you. got confirmation from the same email address furthernationalityenquiries that my application has been successful and a ceremony letter dispatched over a month ago.

However, i have been chasing the council and they are not in receipt of my naturalisation certificate yet and also no sign of the ceremony letter. even if i get the invitation letter, without the naturalisation certificate i wont be able to book the ceremony with the council.

the level of service from the homeoffice is just apalling. i sent emails to multiple addresses that i know off to get an update, sent a postal letter, called the useless contact centre. (dont bother and dont waste your time with them). the advisor very plainly told me that they dont have access to any systems, they cant escalate to their managers as they are working from home and there is no mechanism to transfer the call to someone senior. also they have been advised to divert all callers to the useless homeoffice website and there is no update they could provide.
i ended up raising a complaint with the homeoffice about the unacceptable level of service. lets see if that makes any difference.
its just so frustrating when you know the application has been approved and because of some untrained worker who did not follow the process, the naturalisation certificate is missing.
if anyone has any idea what to do next, please do care to share.