ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after British Passport without Indian passport surrender

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Travel after British Passport without Indian passport surrender

Post by amit_sharma90 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:38 pm

Hi All,

I have a query on my travel plan and hope to get advise.

I am an Indian citizen and got my naturalisation application approved. My citizen ceremony is booked in next week and immediately after that I will apply for British passport. Post that it will again be another process of Indian passport surrender and get an OCI.

My question is once I get British passport, will I be able to travel to USA and return back to country on British passport still holding Indian passport.

My plan is once I returned back from US after 1 week of my trip, I will apply for Indian passport surrender/OCI.

Or should I complete the passport surrender and OCI before I plan travel to anywhere other than India.

Thanks
Amit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel after British Passport without Indian passport surrender

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:09 pm

My question is once I get British passport, will I be able to travel to USA and return back to country on British passport still holding Indian passport.
Yes,why do think there is any issue.

Oki has nothing to do with travelling to the USA.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Re: Travel after British Passport without Indian passport surrender

Post by mesn » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:24 pm

amit_sharma90 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:38 pm
Hi All,

I have a query on my travel plan and hope to get advise.

I am an Indian citizen and got my naturalisation application approved. My citizen ceremony is booked in next week and immediately after that I will apply for British passport. Post that it will again be another process of Indian passport surrender and get an OCI.

My plan is once I returned back from US after 1 week of my trip, I will apply for Indian passport surrender/OCI.

Or should I complete the passport surrender and OCI before I plan travel to anywhere other than India.

Thanks
Amit
Once you get your naturalization certificate, you are not allowed to travel on your Indian passport. You are free to use your newly acquired asset in any way you like :lol:

You would need an OCI/Visa to go to India which you can only get after you surrender your passport.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022