ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Unmarried parter visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mikekumar
Newly Registered

Help with Unmarried parter visa application

Post by mikekumar » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:00 am

Dear all

Thanks a million for having a look and giving some help in advance. We are mike (Indian citizen on student visa) and grace(British citizen). We have a PEO appointment on the 28th Oct where my student visa is expiring on the 30th Oct. Its an unmarried partnership we are applying for.

We have been in a relationship since Jan 06.

Period from July 06 till date. Grace moved in with me July 06. I bought my house Aug 07 we moved in there. Currently we are both engaged (Aug 08) to each other

Docs I have to present for the BELOVED HOME OFFICE (lol)

JOINT / Both at same address (period july 06 till date)

Bank statements

- Requested copy and then got it true copy stamped by the branch

- Letter confirming address we lived at what address from dates (from PB at the bank)

- Joint acct statements of our account since Jan 08 till date

Copy of my Tenancy agreement (05 till july 07) under mikes name

- Letter from landlord stating he allowed grace to live with me and knew about our relationship

Letter from both our work places

- I work for a bank 20 hrs permanent contract

- She is a Nurse working full time, and confirming addresses from July 06 till date

Payslip - Both our payslips from past 1.5 yrs

Letters from Friends and family giving their blessing and acknowledging our relationship.

Email / Photos (holidays and engagement)

Mike

Above all with

Letter from college completing my MBA in Aug 08

House mortgage, Land registry doc and statement till date

Bills Virgin media

Bills from Gas/elec

Credit card statement

(all above showing since July 06 till date)

ISA saving acct statement

Grace

Above all with

Statement from her about how we met, relationship and future plans

Few dental and physo letter from hospital (06-07)

Credit card statements from Jan 08

TV licensing March 08

Currys credit agreement for the stuff we bought for the house May 08

Copy of the Visa to India with flight tickets photo album of our engagement.

ISA saving acct statement

Now she is one of the most simple women I have ever met or met so I have decided to sent my life with her as I cant see our relationship not succeed until we both are shaking or even dead.

My main question are :

July 06-Aug 07 I don’t have much to show except above as all bills in my name and she just paid me or spent it on shopping for the house (mutual understanding)

Would above doc be enough or do I need to show anything more????

As I alone got a good deal on the mortgage I have kept her credit history when we buy our bigger house. I just bought this to take advantage of the market and banks lending for solely investment for 2/3 yrs.

Would this be of any problems???

As a couple we have taken things slowly and a step at a time.

Explained in our statements. Would that be enough???

As I am the one who had more time on hand working only 20 hrs a wk. I have all the bills in my name but she has paid so many times. How do I prove??? Bill people wont give that information???

I started to take keen and active interest in her finances since Dec 07/Jan 08 when things became very serious and I was sure she is the one. I got her credit cards to do balance tranf so she saves on interest and charges. As before that she would shred everything apart from payslip, letter from hospital and work (must be a work thing)

Thats why I Doc from Jan 08 till date in monthly order Would this be ok???

Above all I have been in the UK 10 yr and made it my home came when I was 18. I applied for my ILR on the 10 yr rule in march in July it was rejected due too what BELOVED HOME OFFICE calls a GAP. I have taken matter looked into it by contacting local MP asking for discretion as due to my current visa they didn’t give me a right to appeal. As they are taking their time I don’t want to be illegal or create another GAP. Would this be a treat to my current application??? (I did have grace statement and copy of her passport when I applied for ILR.

As you can see it has been a bit of a long journey but I am more than anxious and nervous as too whats is to happen as my whole life depends on their decision ???

Victoria I contacted you for help for ILR and you said “ HOW MUCH HO CONTROLES ONES LIFE ITS UNBELIVABLE “ your are so so true.

“ HOW THEY HELL THEY GOING TO GET GOOD CITIZEN BY HAVING SO MUCH CONTROLE “

Once again thanks a lot for reading Please any help question or suggestion would be great. I have been an open book here hoping for a successful result

romanempire
Newly Registered

Good luck

Post by romanempire » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:44 pm

just to say good luck, personally you have great deal of evidence I prepared more or less same paperwork when I applied wor my husband. Well, I think it is the moral support that is important as well. I know exactly how it feels becaus I am without my husband who applied two months ago and we did not hear anything yet from the embassy.
Lots of patience and faith in your love. All th best

mikekumar
Newly Registered

Post by mikekumar » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:06 am

thanks a lot
you are so right we both have done the best we could. its a test in its own.

hope u hear a good news soon

regards
mike and grace

mikekumar
Newly Registered

Post by mikekumar » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:07 am

thanks a lot
you are so right we both have done the best we could. its a test in its own.

hope u hear a good news soon

could i ask did you include any emails and photos too ??
regards
mike and grace

romanempire
Newly Registered

Post by romanempire » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:15 pm

yes we did include photos of our marriage and older photos when we were together in the Uk. We also gave them lots of greeting/birthday/valentine cards. I even included the international cards I used to phone my husband. Thanks