ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Dependent visa-PBS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mursh1m
Newly Registered
India

Child Dependent visa-PBS

Post by Mursh1m » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:24 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am in need of your valuable advise regarding the baby born abroad

I am a British citizen previously ILR and tier 2 general 5 yr route and my partner is on PBS dependent leave to remain.

Child was born abroad before I received my naturalisation certificate and is 6 months old

My Questions are:
1. If the child is born outside UK which visa do I have to apply for the Child to come to the UK.Should we apply the child for same visa as my spouse i.e. PBS dependent child?is it called a skilled worker visa now?

2.Following questions are to be answered while trying to register and fill the application form
a.'What is the name of the person you will travel to the UK with or join in the UK?' Should I mention my name or my spouse name here?

b.What is XYZ's country of nationality? Should I mention British or as per my previous COS i.e. Indian?

c.Which visa XYZ applying for or been granted?Choose the route that XYZ has applied for or been granted, even if their application is still being processed.

Should I select 'Tier 2(general)' or 'Skilled worker visa'?

d.What is XYZ's sponsor licence number?
You can find this information on XYZ's CoS or CAS statement. If you provide this number, it will help us to link your applications together

What should I mention here? I hold British passport now

e.Do you have one of these reference numbers for XYZ?(Required)

Yes, I have their Home Office reference number
Yes, I have their VAF number
Yes, I have their GWF number
No, I do not have a reference number for them

what should I give here?

2. The document sections asks for 'Letter of consent from your parent'

Is there any particular format highlighting the relationship between parent and child,consent from parent and living arragements in UK, whether one or both parent have responsibility.

3. My spouse has got a break of more than 180 days away from UK.Her clock resets now after being in UK for 3 yrs,can she continue as PBS dependent for another 5 yrs from now(is there any restriction like we cannot extend as PBS deoendent after completing 6 years in PBS dependent?) or should she switch to British citizen dependent settlement visa?

Look forward for your clarifications.Many thanks.

Mursh1m
Newly Registered
India

Re: Child Dependent visa-PBS

Post by Mursh1m » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:19 am

Appreciate if you could respond to my queries above

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:37 pm

I think you have to fill in the VAF4A form and the relevant Appendix, but wait for others on these forums to advise further.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Mursh1m
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mursh1m » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:59 am

Thanks Simon for responding. I don't believe that I should be filling VAF4 form as my child has to follow the same route as my spouse for visa i.e. PBS dependent. I'm waiting for the experts to respond in detail to my questions.Its been 2 weeks since I posted it, please can anyone of you with details assist me.

Mursh1m
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mursh1m » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:38 pm

Simon, thanks for your response. In one of your post to a question, you had mentioned 'Children born abroad follow the same immigration pathway as the second (less-privileged) parent. So the child should apply for the same visa as the mother'

Please can you let me know why do you think I should fill VAF4 and its appendix.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:04 am

Your child completes the skilled worker dependent form and will get a visa of the same duration as your spouse.

Vaf4A is not relevant to your circumstances
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mursh1m
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mursh1m » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:26 am

Thank you CR001. Please can you answer my question 2b, 2c,2d,2e as I have started to fill the application form.