ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Croydon - Appointment Now Needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vivekshere
Newly Registered

PEO Croydon - Appointment Now Needed

Post by vivekshere » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:00 am

Has anyone gone to PEO Croydon without appointment. If yes what is the best time to go(PEO opens at 8 AM)

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:24 am

As it says on the IND website :-
Please note that the Public Enquiry office in Croydon is following the other PEOs by moving to an appointments only system. We are currently trialling this system. To make an appointment at Croydon PEO, please call 0870 606 7766. During the trial period, the PEO in Croydon will continue to see customers who don't make an appointment but priority will be given to those with pre-arranged appointments. As pre-arranged appointments increase, it may not be possible to process all customers who turn up without an appointment. If that happens, customers whose cases are not urgent and who have not made an appointment will be offered the option of booking an appointment for a later date. For more information, please see the PEO pages on this website.
So if you turn up without an interview .... don't say you were not warned ... if they can't deal with your application.

Surely best to make an appointment.
John

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:26 am

As the song says ..... what a difference a day makes! The IND website has already changed the wording I posted just yesterday! It now reads :-
Important Information

Following a successful trial, the Croydon Public Enquiry Office now operates an appointments only system.

To book an appointment, please call 0870 606 7766.

Due to a high level of demand for our service and the implementation of our full appointments system, we are no longer able to accommodate customers without appointments. If your leave is about to expire or you cannot book a convenient appointment, we strongly recommend that you submit your application by post to the address on the application form with the postal fee of £335 (or £250 for student applications).

We do have a very small number of spaces for customers without appointments whose circumstances are of an extremely urgent, compelling or compassionate nature but please note that these are extremely limited and you may be subject to long delays.

Please note that all customers should arrive 30mins before their appointment time to enable entry through security and reception. Any late arrivals may not be seen. Customers should not however arrive more than 30mins before their appointment time as you will not be admitted and you will be asked to return at the correct time.
In view of the importance of this, I am making this a sticky.
John

Naiad

Post by Naiad » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:17 pm

Anybody know about the parking situation at the PEO Croydon?
Trying to decide if it's better to drive or take the train.

meggles

Post by meggles » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:37 pm

there's a big parking lot across the street from croydon. very easy. don't remember how £££ it was though.

Rover8098

Post by Rover8098 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:04 pm

vivekshere,

I went to the Croydon PEO last week to make an application. My advise would be to turn up for the first available slot they have - go for the 9am if you can. The PEO does open at 8, and my experience was really good. I was in there for 815am, and out of there with my passport by 1115am. All the counters were fully manned and once they opened, people were being called quite quickly. It's definitely worth paying the extra money to go there in person than apply through post.

rarehuman
Newly Registered

Post by rarehuman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:06 pm

Rover8098 wrote:vivekshere,

I went to the Croydon PEO last week to make an application. My advise would be to turn up for the first available slot they have - go for the 9am if you can. The PEO does open at 8, and my experience was really good. I was in there for 815am, and out of there with my passport by 1115am. All the counters were fully manned and once they opened, people were being called quite quickly. It's definitely worth paying the extra money to go there in person than apply through post.
Had you gone there with or without an appointment?

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:35 pm

I think all the PEOs are operating strictly on appointment basis since atleast mid last year; that is when I had applied for ILR.

shanc
Newly Registered

Post by shanc » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm

Naiad wrote:Anybody know about the parking situation at the PEO Croydon?
Trying to decide if it's better to drive or take the train.
there is a NCP car park opposite to the Home Office at Croydon. charges about 3.70 for 3 hours. It is called Alders NCP car park.
If coming by Train, get down at East Croydon BR station, and walk towards Wellesly road. about 7 min (max)

viren68

Post by viren68 » Sat May 30, 2009 8:09 am

Hi,

I got appointment at Croyodon in july for ILR stamping at 9 am . Any info regarding parking and how much time it will take. Shall I take tram/DLR

I have prepared following docs.

1 P-60 four
2. Six months sal sips
3. Bank statements. Please tell how much balance to show.
4. Employer letter.

I am affected by the hsmp Judicial review.

please help and provide information

tha

V

babu001
Newly Registered

Post by babu001 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:08 pm

Are old P60s needed? Isn't the P60 for last year sufficient? I don't have old P60s. Will that be a issue?

viren68

Post by viren68 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:17 am

Hello,

P-60 must be provided they are proof that u have paid tax. Old ones you can have from HMRC.

v

babu001
Newly Registered

Post by babu001 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi,

I was working with an India-based company earlier. They pay allowance. Don't have P60s.

Is P60 document a Proof they ask to show?

Thanks

ddddyyyyy
Newly Registered

Post by ddddyyyyy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:03 am

NutanRaj

How many days before i need to book the appointment?

Post by NutanRaj » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi,
I came to UK on 7th Nov 2004 and I will be eligible for ILR from 10th Oct 2009.

How many days before can i call them for appointment?
on that day do i need to go along with my dependants or only their passports enough?

Thanks
Raj

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:05 am

PEO appointments can now be booked on-line. :D