ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application with incorrect spelling of my name on citizenship certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WyrmKin
Newly Registered
South Africa

Correction of incorrectly captured information

Post by WyrmKin » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:08 pm

I am busy with the process of applying for British citizenship (UKF), but I am having trouble getting Home Office to correct the error that they have made with my name.

I made my application through a consultancy and when they first acknowledged receipt of my application I noticed that they had misspelt one of my middle names. I pointed this out and my consultant wrote to them informing them of the error.

The error was still there on my biometrics letter, and I pointed it out again.

Today I received notice that my application had been approved, but the original spelling error was still there, and now there is an additional error. They seem to have made the first part of my double-barrel surname into a middle name, and just addressed me as "Mr Secondpartofsurname"

All of my information was correct on my application, and was also clear on my ID, passport, birth certificate, DNA results etc, so the error is fully on their side with the data capture, but it seems almost impossible to get them to correct it.

I am just worried that this error is going to carry through to my registration certificate and cause additional problems and delays down the line.

Does anyone know of any way that I can get this resolved? I have sent another email to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk pointing out the mistakes, but my previous email never received a response. My Mum is going to give them a call tomorrow, but I have seen many posts about the call centre being useless. If anyone has experience resolving a similar issue, I would love to hear about it or get any kind of advice on how to resolve this.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Correction of incorrectly captured information

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:20 pm

Perhaps try this email address: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
Unfortunately getting email responses is a bit hit and miss. By all means try phoning the UKVI helpline and request that a message is passed to the relevant caseworker.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

WyrmKin
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Correction of incorrectly captured information

Post by WyrmKin » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:18 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:20 pm
Perhaps try this email address: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
Thanks for the reply. I have just forwarded my earlier email to that address as well, hopefully, I get some kind of response from one of them. My Mum will be giving them a call tomorrow as she is living in the UK at the moment and it would be easier for her to call from that side. I guess after that it is just a case of wait and see.

WyrmKin
Newly Registered
South Africa

Passport application with incorrect spelling of my name on citizenship certificate

Post by WyrmKin » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:31 pm

I am in South Africa and my Citizenship application was recently approved. My certificate has not yet arrived, but I am sure that there will be a spelling error on it because all correspondence from the home office have had the errors present, and all attempts by me to get them to fix it have amounted to nothing.

I am told that I can send in the incorrect certificate and have it corrected, but that it will take months to actually get fixed, and I would rather not waste that much time as I need to come to the UK to help my mother deal with her declining health from long covid.

My question is, would there be any issues with my applying for my passport with the incorrect name on it and then just trying to get things fixed once I am in the UK? I am worried that there might be some kind of problem with having the spelling be different between my South African passport and my British passport.

Any advice or input would be much appreciated.