ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Article 50 TEU applying as spouse of irish citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmsa
Mood:
United Kingdom

Article 50 TEU applying as spouse of irish citizen

Post by mmsa » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:01 pm

Hi all,

I would appreciate any advice.

I am a british citizen and my wife who has been here for over 7 years with me was on an EUFAM and now on the new Article 50 TEU (withdrawal agreement) visa.

In the meantime I have applied and been granted Irish Citizenship. I have kept her on the current visa as avoids having to renew annually compared to the stamp 4 wife of irish citizen visa.

We are now due to apply for her citizenship, I have 2 options. To apply for her as the wife of an irish citizen (handy as only need 3 years of records) or as a standard non EU application who has been present for over 5 years.

My questions are:
1. Can I apply for her as wife of an irish citizen even though she has always been on EUFAM and currently at time of application on the Article 50 withdrawal agreement visa
2. Is there any advantage to applying as wife of irish citizen apart from needing less documents e.g. speed of processing application?
3. Is there any advantage in changing the visa to standard stamp4 wife of irish citizen before applying to keep things simple and avoid problems?

Thanks in advance

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Article 50 TEU applying as spouse of irish citizen

Post by littlerr » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:13 pm

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. Absolutely not.

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:57 am

Littlerr,

I've been approved as an Irish citizen (just waiting for the certificate), also I have a EU3 application permant residence pending as I didn't expect to receive citizenship approval this year due to the backlogs, would you say I let the EU3 application run its course, or email them to withdraw the application as I'm now an Irish citizen.

Cheers!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:07 pm

water_tank1 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:57 am
Littlerr,

I've been approved as an Irish citizen (just waiting for the certificate), also I have a EU3 application permant residence pending as I didn't expect to receive citizenship approval this year due to the backlogs, would you say I let the EU3 application run its course, or email them to withdraw the application as I'm now an Irish citizen.

Cheers!
Until you get your certificate, keep it running.

mmsa
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mmsa » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:38 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:13 pm
1. Yes.
2. No.
3. Absolutely not.
Thanks Littlerr for the swift straightforward reply, as helpful as always.