ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

returned application due to payment not cleared

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yinkuze

returned application due to payment not cleared

Post by Yinkuze » Wed May 11, 2005 6:42 pm

For people who have had their application returned due to payment problem

Would u be kind enough to confirm if there was any RECEIVED stamp on the returned application/documents confirming that it was received by HSMP team before it was returned.

also what other letter was atthed to the retured application

thanks for prompt reply

Y
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Wed May 11, 2005 7:20 pm

My application was rejected due to payment reasons. They said my credit card didnt go through. It is very weird because I contacted the Credit card company and they said no attempt of payment was maybe! there was nothing in the logs!!! They even did a simulation and it got through!

I talked to the HO Charging team and they said if I wanted to know why it was rejected I should get in touch with the Credit Card company, they couldnt provide me any further information...

Any ideas???

ashok71
Newly Registered

Post by ashok71 » Thu May 12, 2005 7:21 am

Guys,

I had the same problem with payment. I had used my Credit card. It was rejected for the same reason as it did not go thru. I checked with my Credit card banker and got some wierd responses. Did not bother to investigate too much anyway.

My application was "RECEIVED" by the Charging department of HO not the HSMP case worker. Since the payment did not go thru, it was sent back by the Charging Dept. Note, it did NOT reach the HSMP Team.

I received all my papers back about 2 weeks later and I was told to provide with an alternate payment. This time around I got a Bankers Draft and sent my application back. It was cleared this time. It takes about 5 days for the Bankers draft to be cleared. After it was cleared, it was sent over to the HSMP team.

Once the HSMP team gets your papers, then they allot an application reference number to your case.

Hope this helps.

Amit T
Newly Registered

Post by Amit T » Fri May 13, 2005 1:56 pm

This time around I got a Bankers Draft and sent my application back. It was cleared this time. It takes about 5 days for the Bankers draft to be cleared. After it was cleared, it was sent over to the HSMP team.
ashok71,

was the DD you sent was on name of an Indian bank (SBI or ICICI) or was it of a local UK bank, provided through indian bank. THis is b'cos HSMP requires 'cheque payment by UK bank'.

Just clarify.

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Fri May 13, 2005 2:23 pm

As far as I know, it has to be a DD issue by a local back and payable by a UK bank.

For example, a check with you local bank logo but payable at a UK City Bank. It works the same as a UK cheque.

Hope it helps,

Lu.

ashok71
Newly Registered

Post by ashok71 » Mon May 16, 2005 10:54 am

was the DD you sent was on name of an Indian bank (SBI or ICICI) or was it of a local UK bank, provided through indian bank. THis is b'cos HSMP requires 'cheque payment by UK bank'.
I took the DD from HDFC Bank and it was a cheque/Draft of J.P.Morgan Bank, which was payable locally in UK.

imranahmadkhan
Newly Registered

Post by imranahmadkhan » Mon May 16, 2005 1:09 pm

Hi,

Check with your credit card company if you can make payment in foriegn currency. Sometime they put restrictions so that the card to be used in the same country as issued. I have seen many cases in my country like this.