ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Citizenship division process application based on order received date?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lovebino
Ireland

Does Citizenship division process application based on order received date?

Post by lovebino » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:55 pm

Folks,

I sent my application on 16/June 2021 and it was received by 17 June 2021 by the division.

On 19/Oct, I got an email confirming my address, to which I replied immediately just a few minutes after receiving it.

Now, I have seen someone (e.g. one person submitted on 27/July/2021, and the other submitted on 29/June/2021...etc ) in this forum already received their passports.

I was just wondering if the Citizenship division is processing the application arbitrarily in what order they like and not on the order of the received date basic?

lusciousblue
Newly Registered
Spain

Re: Does Citizenship division process application based on order received date?

Post by lusciousblue » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:37 am

I applied in March 2020 and still waiting, so definitely not by the order they receive them.

professor_007
India

Post by professor_007 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:37 pm

Based on the posts in this forum I had concluded that it's being processed in the order it's received. But your post here disprove my theory
Now there is more confusion on the whole process. Mine was received on 1st June and I got an email for address confirmation on 26ht October and responded immediately. It's been 9 days and no passport yet. Can't make any plan due to uncertainty.

lovebino
Ireland

Post by lovebino » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:47 pm

Yah, I am unsure either. Could be a delay in the post office :(, started worrying about my passport.

tommywoops
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by tommywoops » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:41 am

I am in the same position. I sent my application on the 26th of May and got an email to confirm my address on the 20th of October. I am still waiting for my passport to be returned.

lovebino
Ireland

Post by lovebino » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:51 am

Got my passport back today morning. I think it was delayed at the post office for some reason.

professor_007
India

Post by professor_007 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:34 pm

I received my passport back today ( 5th Nov) even though I got an email to confirm the address on 26th October itself. Took 10 days.

Based on the dates on the acknowledgment letter (26th Oct), fee receipt (Lodgement week 29 Oct), and the tracking details on AnPost (04 November 2021 14:21 We have your post in TIPPERARY D.S.U., CO TIPPERARY), there is a delay of 9 days from the time it was processed and was sent out in the post.

It seems like they send out the passports in batches, probably weekly or when they have accumulated enough to process all of em at once.

I think this is not a great process as this will lead to people panicking when they don't get their passport even after a week of getting a call/email and waiting for it for 4+ months. They at least should send them out once in two days.

So yeah anyone who is waiting for it, don't panic, wait for around 10-15 days and if you still haven't received it then you better reach out to them. Let's hope this all will change soon