ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR 28 days before date of visa and super priority

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raviocean
India

Re: Qualifying period and document checklist

Post by raviocean » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:15 pm

Can any admin help me with my last 2 questions please? Many thanks.

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:35 pm

One more question.

For the absences from UK do we need to list the date from entry clearance issue date to date of entry in UK? Because these days also count towards qualifying period.

Thanks

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:54 am

Can any admin look at this question please?

My UK Entry Clearance Visa (Valid from): 07/11/16

So I will be eligible to apply for ILR on 10/10/2021 (entry clearance date - 28 days). Now if I take super priority option and take my biometrics appointment let us say on 15th October then my date of decision will be before 07/11/2021, which is before my actual 5 year anniversary. So will it cause any problems?

I noticed a question today about this situation where the application was put on hold: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-applicat ... 21642.html

Just trying to understand when the case worker is deciding on the application - can they give ILR before the qualifying date, in cases when the person applies 28 days before and take super priority or priority?

Many thanks.

raviocean
India

Applying for ILR 28 days before date of visa and super priority

Post by raviocean » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:19 am

Dear Admins,

First of all apologies for creating a separate thread. I got lot of clarity from on my previous post: indefinite-leave-to-remain/qualifying-p ... 62-25.html but I am close to applying and trying to not to make any mistakes.

My UK Entry Clearance Visa (Valid from): 07/11/16
Category: Tier 2 General

So I will be eligible to apply for ILR on 10/10/2021 (entry clearance date - 28 days). Now if I take super priority option and take my biometrics appointment let us say on 15th October (if I get it) then my date of decision will be before 07/11/2021, which is before my actual 5 year anniversary. So will it cause any problems?

I noticed a question today about this situation where the application was put on hold: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-applicat ... 21642.html

1. Just trying to understand when the case worker is deciding on the application - can they give ILR before the qualifying date, in cases when the person applies 28 days before and take super priority or priority? I am now worried looking at the post above.

2. For the absences from UK do we need to list the days from entry clearance issue date to date of entry in UK? Because these days also count towards qualifying period. The document says no evidence required which is fine but do we need to list those days in the application?

3. There is a question under Immigration History "What evidence will you provide to support the reasons for all absences from the UK and Crown Dependencies?", now all my absences outside UK were when I was working for my first company. Although you mentioned above that this letter is not mandatory anymore but I will surely be providing this letter from my current employer.

So in the response I selected "Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies and Other" and in the other checkbox I wrote "Payslips and passport stamps".

Would it be ok if I provide a single pdf file containing all the payslips from my previous employer, passport stamps showing my travel outside UK and absence letter from my current employer?

Many thanks for your all your help!

raviocean
India

Re: Applying for ILR 28 days before date of visa and super priority

Post by raviocean » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:07 pm

Can any admin please help me with my last questions? Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:40 am

1. ILR can be granted within 28 days of completing your 5 years or any time later
2. Period entered should be the exit date and reentry date to the UK. The exit/entry days are NOT counted as only FULL days count
3. No evidence is needed as repeated

A single PDF file is ok
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:05 pm

Many thanks Zimba for all your help.

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:55 pm

My application was approved today.

Applied for ILR Route: SET (O) - Tier 2 General
Type of application: Super Priority
Date application submitted: 11 October 2021, 04:00 BST
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 11 October 2021, 11:30 BST
Decision email received: 12 October 2021, 13:26 BST
BRP : Waiting

I paid £200 extra for same day appointment at Mark Lane. The guard let me in at 11:00 and I was done in 10 mins.

Many thanks Zimba and other admins for your help. Really appreciate. It has been a very long wait and I am very happy today.

I will now be applying for my wife and daughter's ILR in November. You can keep this thread open or may be I will start a new one if I have any questions related to their application.

Thanks again.

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:49 am

Thanks to the moderators for their help. I got my ILR and also received my BRP. A bit late but it came last week. Now I have filled in the application for my wife and daughter (PBS dependants).

1. They entered UK on 22/12/2016, entry clearance date is 15/12/2016 but their BRP issue date is 1/12/2016. So I am going to apply just after 3/11/2021, which is based on BRP issue date - 28 days. Just double checking this.

2. After completing the form the document checklist doesn't ask for any cohabitation document. I know it is a required but I thought I will check here if this is normal or did I miss anything in the application. I of course entered my details and the checklist asks for my documents as well but nothing related to address proof or cohabitation.

Thanks,
Ravi

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:51 pm

1. All good
2. The list is inaccurate
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:57 am

Thanks Zimba,

There is a question "Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018".

- Both my wife and daughter went to India for roughly 1 month in August 2018.
- My wife and my daughter's PBS dependent visa was extended in July 2019.

1. So I answered the question yes for the above question and mentioned the absence in the immigration history.

2. In her application I entered my new BRP with ILR status. Right?

3. My daughter's passport expired and I got a new one for her which I entered in the application but there was no option to enter old passport details. I believe I can upload the old passport along with new one and also take it to the centre for biometrics.

4. These is the full list of documents that I am going to submit.

- All passport copies
- My daughter's old passport
- My new BRP and wife and daughter's BRP
- Wife's English test certificate
- Wife's LIUK pass email copy (entered while filling the form)
- Annual Water bills with both wife and my name (Consolidate pdf for last 2 years)
- Electricity and Gas bill (Consolidated pdf for last 2 years)
- Annual council tax with both our names (Consolidated pdf for last 2 years)
- Few NHS letters that my wife received in the last 2 years
- Wife's bank statement
- My bank statement
- TV License on my name
- Marriage certificate
- Daughter's birth certificate

Does it look ok?

Many thanks,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:49 pm

The absence question should have been NO. It clearly says if your visa was granted after 11 Jan 2018 NOT that if you travelled after that date :!: It is not an issue anyway. The rest is fine

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:52 pm

Their PBS visa was extended in July 2019 that's why I got confused. Thanks for clarification Zimba. Much appreciated.

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:28 am

Hi Zimba,

Possibly last question. So I am going to submit my wife and daughter's application and need some clarification on the consent form. The list of "Other documents" has the following.

- Consent form for the home office to request verification checks on MR. MYNAME for joint accounts or third part support.
- Declaration signed by Mr. MYNAME to confirm consent for the home office to request verification checks.

Some of our utility bills have joint accounts. So I think my wife will sign part 1, I will sign part 2 and we will leave part 3. I hope this is enough?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:57 pm

Correct

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:08 pm

Many thanks Zimba.

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:58 pm

One thing which is confusing is that - whether consent form and declaration are two different document. The pdf with three parts is definitely the consent form but is there another document for declaration as well?

raviocean
India

Post by raviocean » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:13 pm

My wife and daughter also got their ILR application approved. I applied using the Priority option but got the result in less than 24 hours.

Many thanks Zimba for all your help. Really appreciate the work your and other admins are doing here.

engrcj
United States of America

Post by engrcj » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:17 pm

Hi raviocean

Congrats again! If you happen to see my post.. I'd be so grateful to find out if you ended up submitting the option 2 below? or both?

You must confirm that the applicant’s sponsor (where they are on a sponsored route)
agreed to their absence for this purpose. There is no specified evidence for this, but
you would normally expect to see:
1. a letter from their sponsor agreeing to the absence for this purpose confirming
the start and end dates of the applicant’s absence
2. payslips or bank statements covering the entire period of absence or other
evidence to show the applicant was still employed during this time

Page 27 of 31 Published for Home Office staff on 16 November 2021