ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invitations to interview as proof of lawful residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vizlax1
Newly Registered
Singapore

Evidence of continuous stay

Post by vizlax1 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:25 pm

Hello,

Would be grateful if someone can confirm if we are required to provide evidence of continuous stay for citizenship applications? Mine would be a 5 year qualifying period and am not sure what documents I could have (apart from every passport page scanned with stamps) to show as proof of this going back for the entire duration.

Would appreciate your feedback.

Thank you

stegio80
United Kingdom

Re: Evidence of continuous stay

Post by stegio80 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:32 pm

Hello,

Have you been working in the UK?
What have you been doing in the last 5 years in the UK?
vizlax1 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:25 pm
Hello,

Would be grateful if someone can confirm if we are required to provide evidence of continuous stay for citizenship applications? Mine would be a 5 year qualifying period and am not sure what documents I could have (apart from every passport page scanned with stamps) to show as proof of this going back for the entire duration.

Would appreciate your feedback.

Thank you

vizlax1
Newly Registered
Singapore

Re: Evidence of continuous stay

Post by vizlax1 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:50 pm

Hello,

I need to show evidence from nov 2016 onwards. I have been working since March 2017. I graduated in September 2016. From a student visa, I then switched to Tier 1 (entrepreneur) dependant.

dolphin21
India

Re: Invitations to interview as proof of lawful residence

Post by dolphin21 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:17 pm

if your passport has in and out stamps for the entire 5 year period, do you really need anything else?

vizlax1
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by vizlax1 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:17 am

Just submitted my application and didn’t see the home office consent forms. Wondering if I missed this or this is not applicable for naturalisation applications ?

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:48 am

vizlax1 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:17 am
Just submitted my application and didn’t see the home office consent forms. Wondering if I missed this or this is not applicable for naturalisation applications ?

Thank you!
Not applicable for naturalisation (why would you need one?).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.