ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport OR Right of Abode for 2nd baby to be born Abroad.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

British Passport OR Right of Abode for 2nd baby to be born Abroad.

Post by Mak9878 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:27 am

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are at best of your health.

I need some assitance that we are planning to have 2nd baby backhome in Karachi, Pakistan in 2nd week of June 2022 hopefully.

I have British Passport via Tier 1 Entrepreneur (and through ILR). My wife is on Tier 1 Entrepreneur PBS Dependent visa expiring end of October 2022 (she will complete 4 years 4 months at that time). My 1st baby boy has Brtish passport on the basis of father had ILR before his birth.

I know that my wife needs extension which can be done anytime in next year as its is PBS category before travelling in May 2022.

I am worried about my 2nd baby to be born in Pakistan and need help in following questions please:

1) can 2nd baby to be born have British Passport or Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode on basis of father have BC through naturalisation?

2) has someone in this forum had applied or recently applies for Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode (COE to ROA) or British passport directly for children born overseas (Pakistan) to have some light on this thread on processing time and documents please?

Thanks for your time and consideration in the matter.

Regards,

Abdul

secret.simon

Re: British Passport OR Right of Abode for 2nd baby to be born Abroad.

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:34 am

Mak9878 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:27 am
1) can 2nd baby to be born have British Passport or Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode on basis of father have BC through naturalisation?
Yes, but only one of the two.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: British Passport OR Right of Abode for 2nd baby to be born Abroad.

Post by Mak9878 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:05 am

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:34 am
Mak9878 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:27 am
Yes, but only one of the two.
Thanks simon for your reply.

But still waiting for 2nd question reply from someone who had applied British Passport OR Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode for his new born baby from Pakistan especially processing time?