ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prove of "Right to Work" during Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mahboob
Newly Registered

Prove of "Right to Work" during Passport Application

Post by mahboob » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:23 pm

Dear Gurus!
Please advise urgently!

I applied for a British Passport and sent all the documents. HMPO received my docs on 05/10/2021 as per them. I got interviewed and was offered a job during this. They want a physical proof of "Right to Work" and all my original documents are with HMPO. Unfortunately, I sent back my BRP after cutting it in half as per requirement. Anyway it was invalidated and couldn't be used as "Right to work". They have withdrawn the offer but the CEO has assured me that I will be able to start as soon as I contact them after receiving documents. however, how long will they wait?

vinny

Re: Prove of "Right to Work" during Passport Application

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:45 am

Who knows how long they may wait?

However, if a SAR confirms that you are British, then would they accept that?
The Employer Checking Service may also give a positive result?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mahboob
Newly Registered

Re: Prove of "Right to Work" during Passport Application

Post by mahboob » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:41 pm

Thanks!

I emailed them using my naturalisation reference number. And received positive result in 10 days.
Started to work.