ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Royal Marines Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DomBoxer
Newly Registered
Poland

Royal Marines Application

Post by DomBoxer » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:37 pm

Hi guys, I naturalised in June and hold a British Citizenship, and I am in the process of joining the RM, but Im stuck on one question, which is...

Your Nationality
In this section, you are required to provide details of your current and any former nationality.

If applicable you must provide full details of the date of naturalisation or when you took up residency in the UK. If British naturalised, please ensure that you provide details of your current and previous nationality.

Is your present nationality:

British (including English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish)
Irish
Other

Please state your nationality:

So, should I first tick I am British and say it is a Nationality... Or shold i first choose my original Polish Nationality and then add British as Citizenship/Nationality?

If some one can help, thanks alot

HCJNL
United Kingdom

Re: Royal Marines Application

Post by HCJNL » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:39 pm

Does the form specify that nationality information must be provided in the order that these nationalities were acquired?
If not, then British is most important. You must be a citizen of the UK, The Commonwealth or The Republic of Ireland to join the Armed Forces. So it makes sense to me that this comes first, with other nationalities following.

DomBoxer
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Royal Marines Application

Post by DomBoxer » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:28 pm

yeah You're right, I will pick British as my nationality and hold a British Passport