ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS cancellation and refund

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ldam
Newly Registered
India

CoS cancellation and refund

Post by ldam » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:21 pm

Dears,

Can employer cancel/withdraw the CoS after that has been approved by home office? If yes, will the cost of CoS will be refunded to the employer?

I am considering an offer from an employer and they have started CoS for me. I am likely getting other offer which I am Interested in. I saw in a previous post that the first employer has to withdraw the CoS then only the second employer can raise one. In that case what if the first employer does not accept to withdraw the CoS stating his financial loss of application fees. I know they can't force but want to know if any loss for them in doing so.

Thanks in advance.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: CoS cancellation and refund

Post by ywlgy » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:47 pm

No refund will be given.

See p33-34 here, it also tells you what to do if the sponsor refused to withdraw CoS
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -10-21.pdf

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Post by ldam » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:04 pm

Thanks a lot for your response. One following question, will there be any consequence for me further as I ask them(employer) to withdraw and they incur a loss of money (I believe 5k GBP).

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:12 pm

I can not think of any other than they probably won't give you offer in the future :lol:
CoS only costs £199. £5k is probably for immigration skills charge, which will be refunded.

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Post by ldam » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:37 pm

Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks a lot for your answer, It really calms my mind :)