ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settled applying for naturalisation questions.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

couch-potato
Newly Registered
Lithuania

EU Settled applying for naturalisation questions.

Post by couch-potato » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:47 am

Hi,

I am currently at UKCVAS stage (booked an appointment). From their Help section I found this:
If you are applying through the EU Settlement Scheme you will need to scan and upload all of your supporting documents when making your application with UKVI. Please do not upload additional documents with your application when using the UKVCAS service.
Well, it makes no sense, because there was no option on UKVI website to upload supporting documents, they referred me to book an appointment for UCKVAS. Why the contradiction? I am going to buy scanning service (as part of Premium option), should I just bring all the documents to them and not bother with any self uploading?

During my first 4 years here, I have changed employer 3 times, however have only one P45 (others were lost in an accident). Can employer refuse to produce a new one after several years have passed? Has anyone successfully prove residence in UK with HMRC records instead? And, if I somehow manage to procure P60 (will try that tomorrow), will I get into trouble if start and end dates exact days/month are not matching. Because I approximated my end of employment in a few cases based on HRMC records.

I went to University and graduated. Is my Grades Transcript (it shows academic years listed there, but no exact dates with months) sufficient as proof of residence in UK? To cover that one extra year required?

Cheers.

dexmo
United Kingdom

Re: EU Settled applying for naturalisation questions.

Post by dexmo » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:55 am

couch-potato wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:47 am
Hi,

I am currently at UKCVAS stage (booked an appointment). From their Help section I found this:
If you are applying through the EU Settlement Scheme you will need to scan and upload all of your supporting documents when making your application with UKVI. Please do not upload additional documents with your application when using the UKVCAS service.
Well, it makes no sense, because there was no option on UKVI website to upload supporting documents, they referred me to book an appointment for UCKVAS. Why the contradiction? I am going to buy scanning service (as part of Premium option), should I just bring all the documents to them and not bother with any self uploading?

During my first 4 years here, I have changed employer 3 times, however have only one P45 (others were lost in an accident). Can employer refuse to produce a new one after several years have passed? Has anyone successfully prove residence in UK with HMRC records instead? And, if I somehow manage to procure P60 (will try that tomorrow), will I get into trouble if start and end dates exact days/month are not matching. Because I approximated my end of employment in a few cases based on HRMC records.

I went to University and graduated. Is my Grades Transcript (it shows academic years listed there, but no exact dates with months) sufficient as proof of residence in UK? To cover that one extra year required?

Cheers.
I think the bit in UKVCAS' Help Section refers to applicants to the EU Settlement Scheme, in particular non-EU/EEA nationals who have to use UKVCAS to provide their biometrics but must upload their documents onto UKVI website.

For nationality applications, how you gained your indefinite leave to remain, and your EU Settled Status is a form of indefinite leave to remain, is by and large irrelevant. It only bears relevance on the sort of documents you have to provide to prove you were resident during your qualifying period. In other words, you're not applying for nationality through the EU Settlement Scheme or any other scheme for that matter.

The standard process is you apply on UKVI website which then takes you to UKVCAS website to create an account, book your biometrics appointment and upload your supporting documents. You then have the option to submit the documents which means they'll go straight to UKVI there and then or use UKVCAS to scan and submit your documents as part of your biometrics appointment. You can also upload them and get UKVCAS to check they're fine and submit them at your appointment.

HMRC records are accepted as proof of residency for EU/EEA nationals. Not sure about University Transcript but it is an official document and if you didn't work that year this will probably be your only proof of residency.

Bash_
Syria

Post by Bash_ » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:02 am

not sure what EU settlement scheme has to do with naturalisation process.

For EU settlement scheme, you you need to upload docs directly through UKVI app.
for Naturalisation, you need to book an appointment with UKVCAS and go through the process..

couch-potato
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by couch-potato » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:01 am

Okay, thanks.

Do you think it's better to print all digital documents on a paper (my own printer) and get them (UKVCAS) to scan it? I know it sounds dumb to print digital documents, but there is a thing: they ask around £40 for "checking" the uploaded documents (by me) are correct and in the right sections, which I think is a ripoff. Because if they scan it, and then upload it, they will upload them to the revelant sections anyway?

dexmo
United Kingdom

Post by dexmo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:02 am

couch-potato wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:01 am
Okay, thanks.

Do you think it's better to print all digital documents on a paper (my own printer) and get them (UKVCAS) to scan it? I know it sounds dumb to print digital documents, but there is a thing: they ask around £40 for "checking" the uploaded documents (by me) are correct and in the right sections, which I think is a ripoff. Because if they scan it, and then upload it, they will upload them to the revelant sections anyway?
No need to print anything off. Whatever you have in digital format just upload these, UKVCAS will do their 'checking' from their system. Whatever you have in paper format, you can either scan and upload these and bring originals with you, just in case, or bring originals with you and UKVCAS will scan and upload them for you.

UKVCAS' scanning and checking service is, in my view, useless - there's nothing they do that you can't do yourself.

couch-potato
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by couch-potato » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:07 pm

dexmo wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:55 am
HMRC records are accepted as proof of residency for EU/EEA nationals.
Do you know by any chance if it's something I need to ask them via phone (Employement history letter) or can do it myself? Because I can see in online PAYE section there is summary for each tax year, where I can print the page. I'm just worried they would send me the letter too late after my appointment with UKVCAS.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:37 pm

You need all documents in place before the appointment.
May I suggest you put together a list of employments, from details you have and from memory, and explain in a covering note where you have issues with the details. The employment section is not that critical, as employment is not a statutory requirement for aproval. Employment docuemnts (like P60) are used to prove residency, but one can also use other official documents, such as Council Tax, Child Benefit, Pensions, etc.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.