ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do you need valid father passport to apply for child first passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

talkhome
United Kingdom

Do you need valid father passport to apply for child first passport

Post by talkhome » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:46 pm

Hi All,

I just wanted to check if the father of a new born child must have a valid passport in order to apply first ever British passport.

Here is a situation.

Parents got separate and legal battle is going on. Child born in the UK to British father and mother has indefinite leave to stay in 2020 but child born in 2019.

vinny

Re: Do you need valid father passport to apply for child first passport

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:03 am

Probably no.

If necessary, then father may also provide primary evidence that he is British. For example, being born in the UK with a settled or British parent, or being naturalised, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Re: Do you need valid father passport to apply for child first passport

Post by secret.simon » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:23 am

You do not need a valid British passport from the father, but you will need some form of proof that the father was a British citizen before the birth of the child. So you would need co-operation from the father.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.