ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship on basis of settled status (unmarried partners)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mani913
Pakistan

British Citizenship on basis of settled status (unmarried partners)

Post by Mani913 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:44 pm

Hello Everyone,

This forum has been great as helped me a lot with my all visas and ILR. Tanks in advance everyone .

Now I am applying for my citizenship on basis of settled status with 5 years qualifying period. I have done most of the online application and now on the stage where I have to upload required documents.
The concern I have is that during my online application I didn’t have any question regarding my partner details. The online question I had was my current relationship status which I put unmarried partner.
I was in thought that there must be a question regarding my partner details but I didn’t have any .
I am wondering if someone have similar situation? Or someone applied citizenship on basis of Settled Status ?
Remember I had my Settled status (ILR) last November 2020 on basis of unmarried partner where I provided lots of documents.
I just want to make sure I am not doing any mistake by filling this application.
Just to add another thing in documents they have asked me to provide BRP card . Can I also ask if BRP and Residence Card is the same thing ?

I will appreciate if experts can help me with this or anyone have the similar experience. That will be very helpful.

Best Wishes and good luck everyone

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship on basis of settled status (unmarried partners)

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:55 pm

As an unmarried partner, your partners details are irrelevant to your application. You apply for citizenship independently, meeting all the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mani913
Pakistan

Post by Mani913 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:55 pm
As an unmarried partner, your partners details are irrelevant to your application. You apply for citizenship independently, meeting all the requirements.
Thank so much ! I was too worried that I may be doing something wrong with application.
Can you also please tell me if BRP card and My Residence card (settled status) is the same thing?

Appreciate your help once again

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:09 pm

Yes - upload your Settled Status residence card.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Mani913
Pakistan

Post by Mani913 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:40 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:09 pm
Yes - upload your Settled Status residence card.
Thanks a lot