ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowledge of Life in the United Kingdom

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

i_worker
Newly Registered

Post by i_worker » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:50 pm

Just wanted to share my experience.
I passed this test successfully on 26th June.
It wasn't that difficult and took me 7 minutes to complete (including double checking all answers). And I wasn't the first one to finish! Couple of people completed the test in around 3-4 minutes.
My advice is: get the recommended book and thoroughly read chapters 2,3 and 4! Do not rely on your general knowledge of everyday life in the UK.
I had questions where you need to know particular numbers like percentage of women in population and workforce.

HTH,
i_worker

jeevan1000
Newly Registered

Study material for Life in the UK exam

Post by jeevan1000 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:21 pm

Download the Life in the UK exam material from here: :lol:

[Moderator edit : Link deleted : breach of copyright]

jwalker
Newly Registered

Post by jwalker » Fri May 11, 2007 8:32 pm

I've cleared the exam and for those whose exam is due, PM me your mail id for a free pdf copy of first edition "Life in the UK" Test material

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:14 pm

It is possible that the Life in the UK test is done for the ILR application to counteract the fear/theory that people would not bother to apply for citizenship, and so, never have to take the test. By moving it forward, to the ILR application stage, you are forced to take the test, even if you never get British citizenship. :?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:59 pm

There is probably some truth in that, especially taking into account that it is still the case that a number of countries around the world do not permit dual nationality, for example, India. So an Indian might well decide to proceed to ILR, and never have the intention of going for British Citizenship, in order that they can retain their Indian Citizenship.

And indeed with Commonwealth citizens permitted to vote and even stand in elections in the UK, they still have those benefits even without proceeding to British Citizenship.
John

PaulM

Post by PaulM » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:33 pm

I did the test today. It was really easy. I did it in about 3 minutes. The longest part was registration. The tests online get you vey well prepared for it.

lukt
- thin ice -

Post by lukt » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:34 am

Wow, just 3 minutes !, that's very impressive ! Well done, All the best with your application.

Ayesha_R
Newly Registered

Passed the Life in the UK test

Post by Ayesha_R » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:48 pm

I have recently passed the British Citizenship Test. I wanted to share my experience with you all. I looked for a lot of resources on the web to help me study for the exam and ended up purchasing a test CD with over 2500 Questions.

This was definately the best investment and helped me pass the exam. It covers so many areas of the required chapters and you also get a pdf file with the chapters on it for studying, if you want to read the chapters.

http://www.britishcitizenship-test.co.uk/

The site also has a lot of useful information on the test (that is also included on the CD) to help you understand the process for booking the exam and some excellent study tips.

This has to be the best tool on the market for study, I hope you all find it useful as I did, I found the questions to be very similar to the actual exam, and didn't take me long to complete the exam.

Definately recommended, wish you all the best of luck with your exams.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:01 am

Just took the Life in the UK test. Passed.
I would strongly recormmend the test CD that's available in the market.

ravon
Newly Registered

Post by ravon » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:42 pm

The Life in the UK Test: Practice Questions: Questions and Answers for British Citizenship and Settlement Tests is very much useful not only as a tool in learning or getting tips about the UK Citizenship test but is also a good source of information about important processes such as immigration, unemployment, etc. The said book is also a confidence builder to those who read it and would be taking the settlement test.

rightman
Newly Registered

London Immigration Help

Post by rightman » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:18 pm

you can find a lot of resources here:

www.immigrantcorner.com

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: London Immigration Help

Post by keshgrover » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:18 pm

rightman wrote:you can find a lot of resources here:

www.immigrantcorner.com
Another Advertisement?
KESH

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:07 pm

global gypsy wrote:Just took the Life in the UK test. Passed.

I do agree with you. CD's are very useful for preparation.
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies....

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:06 am

Dr Logic wrote:
global gypsy wrote:Just took the Life in the UK test. Passed.

I do agree with you. CD's are very useful for preparation.

CDs and online ( from website - login ) is very useful for preparation.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

ewb
Newly Registered

Post by ewb » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:56 am

My wife took and passed the British Citizenship Test just over a year ago.

Whilst she was revising for the test, we didn't find any really good online tests she could use, so I put together a test to help her (It randomly selects 24 questions from a bank of over 500 questions). You can run the test as often as you like, and review which questions you got correct, and also those you got wrong. I put this all together in the following website: http://www.uk-citizenship-test.com.

It's FREE and you can try the test as often as you like (the questions will be randomly asked each time you try it)

Hope it proves to be helpful.