ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application - advise/guidance needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MAH_192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR application - advise/guidance needed

Post by MAH_192 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:12 pm

Hello all - I'm hoping someone can help with a few ILR queries I have relating to my wife.

I am a British citizen from birth and she is currently a Pakistani citizen, in the UK on a family/spouse visa. She first entered the UK in September 2016 – I am planning to apply in November but my understanding is that we are eligible to apply for her ILR anytime from September 2021?

We have a daughter whom is 20 months old - born in the UK so is a British citizen. Do I need to include any of my daughters details on the ILR application form, in the dependants section or similar?

We are planning to use the below as documents/evidence in support of the application - do these documents generally look ok or have I missed anything out which is important?

• Copies of my British passport – all pages.
• Copies of my wife’s Pakistani passport – all pages.
• Copies of my wife’s current biometric residence permit – front and back.
• Copies of our marriage certificate (translated version)
• My payslips covering from May until October of this year (6 months)
• Bank statements for the account in which the salary is paid into – period covering May until October of this year (6 months)
• A letter from my HR department confirming I am in permanent employment, length of service and salary details.
• My wife’s B1 test certificate – issued in December 2020.
• My wife’s Life in the UK test reference number – test passed in January 2020.
• Signed letter from my parents confirming they own the property we live in and they are happy for us to continue residing with them.
• Official land registry extract showing that the property we live in is owned by my parents – I will request this a few weeks before submitting ILR application
• Below items of correspondence addressed to us jointly or solely covering the length of period since further leave to remain was granted in 2019.
• Joint energy bills – these are produced monthly but planning to provide 6 in total (two dated 2019, two dated 2020 and two dated 2021)
• Joint bank statements – these are produced monthly but planning to provide 6 in total (two dated 2019, two dated 2020 and two dated 2021)
• Sole mobile phone bills – these are produced monthly but planning to provide 6 for myself and 6 for my wife (two dated 2019, two dated 2020 and two dated 2021)
• I also have some marketing sent by our bank over the course of the period (maybe 2 or 3 in total) which are in joint names and can be used if needed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application - advise/guidance needed

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:28 pm

She can apply for ILR within 28 days of completing her 5 years, counting from the first date of entry to the UK. British children are NOT her dependants so they must NOT be added to her application at all. Your document list looks good
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

MAH_192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MAH_192 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:15 pm

Thanks @Zimba - that's very helpful and gives me a lot of confidence before starting the application process.

Noted regarding your point about not adding our daughter to the dependants list - it is still ok to mention her in other sections of the application right - I'm thinking in particular the section where you can mention specific reasons about what a rejection etc would impact?

Regarding document list, anything you think I've missed that I should include or anything I have included which doesn't need to be there?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:40 pm

You may add in the notes that you have a British child. I do not see anything missing
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

MAH_192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MAH_192 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:52 am

Zimba wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:40 pm
You may add in the notes that you have a British child. I do not see anything missing
Thanks Zimba - will do.
Another question - my wife was granted FLR in 2019/2020 - her Pakistani passport expired in February of this year and subsequently we applied for a renewal.
Am I correct in thinking we don't need to provide any details/copies of her expired passport & we only need to provide details/copies of her current valid passport?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:01 pm

Correct

MAH_192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MAH_192 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:35 am

Hi all - looking for some more clarity if possible please.

Since my wife will be applying for ILR and she needs to have been resident in the UK for a certain length of period before she is able to apply for ILR, as part of our application do we need to provide anything to prove she entered the UK five years ago or longer (previous passport copies with entry stamp for example) or is this something the Home Office will have in their systems?

I'm thinking more about how the Home Office will know that she meets the eligibility for ILR in terms of how long she has been in the UK....

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:12 am

MAH_192 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:35 am

Since my wife will be applying for ILR and she needs to have been resident in the UK for a certain length of period before she is able to apply for ILR, as part of our application do we need to provide anything to prove she entered the UK five years ago or longer (previous passport copies with entry stamp for example) or is this something the Home Office will have in their systems?

I'm thinking more about how the Home Office will know that she meets the eligibility for ILR in terms of how long she has been in the UK....

Thanks in advance
The family route does NOT have such a requirement. There is no absence limit either :!:

MAH_192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MAH_192 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:18 am

Zimba wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:12 am
MAH_192 wrote:

Thanks in advance
The family route does NOT have such a requirement. There is no absence limit either :!:

Thanks Zimba - silly question but when we apply for ILR how will the home office know we’re eligible to apply for ILR and that my wife has completed her 5 years as a partner ?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:02 pm

MAH_192 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:18 am
Zimba wrote:
MAH_192 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Thanks Zimba - silly question but when we apply for ILR how will the home office know we’re eligible to apply for ILR and that my wife has completed her 5 years as a partner ?

Thanks
Can you state the premise of tour question?
Remember they have your records from inception of your immigration history to UK. What you are providing is to corroborate what they hold on record and or see if you want to be deceptive. Ultimately HO got little if not nothing to loose if application is made to early.

MAH_192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MAH_192 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:54 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:02 pm
MAH_192 wrote:
Zimba wrote:
MAH_192 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Thanks
Remember they have your records from inception of your immigration history to UK. What you are providing is to corroborate what they hold on record and or see if you want to be deceptive. Ultimately HO got little if not nothing to loose if application is made to early.
Thanks Amazonian,

That was the purpose of my question - to understand how home office can verify the facts stated on the application against the records they hold.

I understand now and have the answer I was looking for.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:11 pm

Focus on your application. UKVI has all your records. They are not trying to trap you. They only rely on their systems to make decisions

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:16 pm

MAH_192 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:54 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:02 pm
MAH_192 wrote:
Zimba wrote:
MAH_192 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Thanks
Thanks Amazonian,

That was the purpose of my question - to understand how home office can verify the facts stated on the application against the records they hold.

I understand now and have the answer I was looking for.

Thanks
So far details and documents corroborates what they have and any new documents or claims checks out you will be fine.

MAH_192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR application form queries

Post by MAH_192 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:45 pm

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help with some queries I have regarding some questions on the application form.

1) The application asks 'in which category are you applying for indefinite leave to remain' & the two options we are confused about are 'Partner of a person present and settled in the UK - 5-year route' or 'Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK - 2-year route'.
The reason we're confused is because spouse and partner both have the same meaning in my case but we selected the first option as the last letter my wife received from the Home Office is titled 'Grant of leave to remain five year partner route' - is that right or should we select the spouse 2 year route?

2) The application also asks for details of family that live in your birth country or any country you have lived in for more than 5 years - We answered with her mother, father and brother live in her home country and she keeps in contact via whatsapp. We also mentioned her mother's aunt and mothers cousin live in the UK and she keeps in contact via whatsapp/telephone and also meets in person as often as possible. Is that an acceptable answer?

3) 2) The application also asks for details of friends that live in your birth country or any country you have lived in for more than 5 years - We answered with the details of three friends whom live in her home country and she keeps in contact via whatsapp. We also mentioned the details of three friends whom live in the UK and she keeps in contact via whatsapp/telephone and also meets in person as often as possible. Is that an acceptable answer?

Thanks in advance.

MAH_192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MAH_192 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:48 pm

Another question I forgot to mention that I have a query on.

The form asks 'Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?' - I am planning to input the Case ID number which is referenced on the letter we received when her further leave to remain was granted. Is that correct or is there another reference number I should be using?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application form queries

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:51 am

MAH_192 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:45 pm
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help with some queries I have regarding some questions on the application form.

1) The application asks 'in which category are you applying for indefinite leave to remain' & the two options we are confused about are 'Partner of a person present and settled in the UK - 5-year route' or 'Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK - 2-year route'.
The reason we're confused is because spouse and partner both have the same meaning in my case but we selected the first option as the last letter my wife received from the Home Office is titled 'Grant of leave to remain five year partner route' - is that right or should we select the spouse 2 year route? No confusion as letter made it clear. You made right selection.

2) The application also asks for details of family that live in your birth country or any country you have lived in for more than 5 years - We answered with her mother, father and brother live in her home country and she keeps in contact via whatsapp. We also mentioned her mother's aunt and mothers cousin live in the UK and she keeps in contact via whatsapp/telephone and also meets in person as often as possible. Is that an acceptable answer? Yes

3) 2) The application also asks for details of friends that live in your birth country or any country you have lived in for more than 5 years - We answered with the details of three friends whom live in her home country and she keeps in contact via whatsapp. We also mentioned the details of three friends whom live in the UK and she keeps in contact via whatsapp/telephone and also meets in person as often as possible. Is that an acceptable answer? Yes

Thanks in advance.
Don't be unnecessarily worried and confuse yourself.

MAH_192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MAH_192 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:10 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:51 am
MAH_192 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:45 pm
Hi all,

The reason we're confused is because spouse and partner both have the same meaning in my case but we selected the first option as the last letter my wife received from the Home Office is titled 'Grant of leave to remain five year partner route' - is that right or should we select the spouse 2 year route? No confusion as letter made it clear. You made right selection.

2) The application also asks for details of family that live in your birth country or any country you have lived in for more than 5 years - We answered with her mother, father and brother live in her home country and she keeps in contact via whatsapp. We also mentioned her mother's aunt and mothers cousin live in the UK and she keeps in contact via whatsapp/telephone and also meets in person as often as possible. Is that an acceptable answer? Yes

3) 2) The application also asks for details of friends that live in your birth country or any country you have lived in for more than 5 years - We answered with the details of three friends whom live in her home country and she keeps in contact via whatsapp. We also mentioned the details of three friends whom live in the UK and she keeps in contact via whatsapp/telephone and also meets in person as often as possible. Is that an acceptable answer? Yes

Thanks in advance.
Don't be unnecessarily worried and confuse yourself.
Thanks for your advice - that's really helpful and re-assuring.

MAH_192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MAH_192 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:18 pm

Hi - looking for some further guidance please if possible. I've started to piece together the items of correspondence we have and the letters don't quite tie up with what I had originally planned. I now have the below items of correspondence.
  • Energy statement dated September 2019 - in joint names.
  • Bank statement dated December 2019 - in joint names.
  • Energy statement dated March 2020 - in joint names.
  • Bank statement dated June 2020 - in joint names.
  • Energy statement dated September 2020 - in joint names.
  • Mobile phone bill dated December 2020 - in my name.
  • Mobile phone bill dated December 2020 - in my wife's name.
  • Jury Service court summons dated January 2021 - in my wife's name.
  • Energy statement dated April 2021 - in joint names.
  • HSBC letter dated August 2021 - in my wife's name.
  • HSBC letter dated October 2021 - in joint names.
  • Mobile phone dated October 2021 - in my name.
  • Mobile phone bill dated October 2021 - in my wife's name.
  • Letter from local council dated November 2021 - in my wife's name.
Does the above revised list look ok to submit alongside our application for letters which are addressed to us?
Does the total number of letters look ok & is the split between joint names/sole names ok?
Is the time gap between each item ok or needs to be spread apart more?

Thanks in advance.

MAH_192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MAH_192 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:46 pm

MAH_192 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:18 pm
Hi - looking for some further guidance please if possible. I've started to piece together the items of correspondence we have and the letters don't quite tie up with what I had originally planned. I now have the below items of correspondence.
  • Energy statement dated September 2019 - in joint names.
  • Bank statement dated December 2019 - in joint names.
  • Energy statement dated March 2020 - in joint names.
  • Bank statement dated June 2020 - in joint names.
  • Energy statement dated September 2020 - in joint names.
  • Mobile phone bill dated December 2020 - in my name.
  • Mobile phone bill dated December 2020 - in my wife's name.
  • Jury Service court summons dated January 2021 - in my wife's name.
  • Energy statement dated April 2021 - in joint names.
  • HSBC letter dated August 2021 - in my wife's name.
  • HSBC letter dated October 2021 - in joint names.
  • Mobile phone dated October 2021 - in my name.
  • Mobile phone bill dated October 2021 - in my wife's name.
  • Letter from local council dated November 2021 - in my wife's name.
Does the above revised list look ok to submit alongside our application for letters which are addressed to us?
Does the total number of letters look ok & is the split between joint names/sole names ok?
Is the time gap between each item ok or needs to be spread apart more?

Thanks in advance.
Can anyone help with this please ? I’m in the middle of completing the application form and this part is concerning me…

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:40 am

There is NO specific evidentiary requirement. There is no right or wrong and ANY evidence can be used

MAH_192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MAH_192 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:06 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:40 am
There is NO specific evidentiary requirement. There is no right or wrong and ANY evidence can be used
Thanks for confirming Zimba - appreciate it.
I have another question regarding the application form.

The form asks my wife 'Do you own or rent your home' - since we live with my parents, we have selected option as 'no'
For the following question 'who provides you with accommodation - we have entered that we live with my parents.
The form then goes on to ask how many rooms in the property and details of who else lives there - again we have answered.

After this part, the form then proceeds to ask 'Do you currently live with parents, friends or family rent-free?'

I am not sure if we should be selecting 'yes' here or we should be selecting 'no' on the basis of the above questions that we have already answered - if we select 'yes' here, then the documents section at the end suggests that we need to provide proof of property ownership twice and letter from property owner twice so not sure what to do?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

MAH_192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MAH_192 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:11 am

MAH_192 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:06 pm
Zimba wrote:

The form asks my wife 'Do you own or rent your home' - since we live with my parents, we have selected option as 'no'
For the following question 'who provides you with accommodation - we have entered that we live with my parents.
The form then goes on to ask how many rooms in the property and details of who else lives there - again we have answered.

After this part, the form then proceeds to ask 'Do you currently live with parents, friends or family rent-free?'

I am not sure if we should be selecting 'yes' here or we should be selecting 'no' on the basis of the above questions that we have already answered - if we select 'yes' here, then the documents section at the end suggests that we need to provide proof of property ownership twice and letter from property owner twice so not sure what to do?

Thanks in advance.
Hi - can someone help with this query please ? This is the last question I have to answer before the application is complete and not sure what I should answer here…

Thanks in advance.

MAH_192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MAH_192 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:55 am

MAH_192 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:11 am
MAH_192 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:06 pm
Zimba wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Hi - can someone help with this query please ? This is the last question I have to answer before the application is complete and not sure what I should answer here…

Thanks in advance.
If it helps, I have included the questions from the section which I am confused about.

For the first section which is in bold, these answers need us to provide proof of ownership, ID of property owner & letter from them confirming we can live there - happy to provide this and the required documents are ready.

Do you own or rent your home? Neither own nor rent
Who provides you with accommodation? Mohammed's parents.
I confirm I will provide:Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, such as a mortgage statement.
I confirm I will provide:Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport.
I confirm I will provide:Letter signed by the owner of the property you live in stating that you have permission to live there.

Bedrooms 4
Other rooms (not including Spam, bathrooms and toilets) 2
Does anyone other than your partner and children live with you at the property? Yes
Give details of other people living at the property. Include their names, ages and their relationship to you - we have entered details of Mohammed's family that live in the same property.
Do you currently live with parents, friends or family rent-free? No

The particular question we're not sure about is the one highlighted in yellow. We have selected 'no' but we think we should select 'yes' as we live with Mohammed's parents rent free - our concern is that if we select 'yes', then the system asks for proof of ownership x 2, ID of property owner x 2 and letter from them x 2 & we can't provide 2 of each document as we live in one property, where there is one owner....

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:58 pm

Those questions are not important at all. Answer them as you wish. Do not overthink

MAH_192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Application - Biometrics appointment

Post by MAH_192 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:08 am

Hi all - looking for some advice please.

We have submitted my wife's ILR application yesterday and have paid the application fee. Looking at booking the biometrics appointment and there is no availability until the middle of December (15th of December to be precise).

I will continue checking for appointments over the next few days to see if I can find any cancellations or anything for this month, but not sure where we stand with our supporting documents if we need to book an appointment in the middle of December i.e we are using payslips from May-October and bank statements from May-October.

If we have no other choice than going with December appointment, will we need to change payslips & bank statements to June/July-November/December (to match 6 months from biometric date) or we can still use the documents dated May-October (6 months from online submission date)?

Thanks in advance.