ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawing naturalisation applicaion twice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naturalisationapp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Withdrawing naturalisation applicaion twice

Post by naturalisationapp » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:17 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for UK naturalisation after 5 years on Tier 2 and 1 year with ILR.

I have submitted my application once a week ago and withdrew it after I notice error. Now I have submitted again and realised I have made another error (misspelled the name of one of the referees... stupid me).

Is it ok to withdraw my application second time and submit a new one again (third one in the last 2 weeks)? Will it have any impact on the decision by the Home office? I can attached a cover letter explaining that I made a mistake twice, therefore wanted to resubmit.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Withdrawing naturalisation applicaion twice

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:24 pm

Why don't you just upload a cover note to explain where you made the error and give the correct information? Load with your other documents.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

naturalisationapp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by naturalisationapp » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:41 pm

I am not sure whether this cover letter will work. Don’t want to get a rejection because of a misspelled referee name

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:07 pm

naturalisationapp wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:41 pm
I am not sure whether this cover letter will work. Don’t want to get a rejection because of a misspelled referee name
Never heard of anyone being rejected for spelling mistakes - it's better than to constantly withdraw and re-apply.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

naturalisationapp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by naturalisationapp » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:45 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:07 pm
naturalisationapp wrote:
Never heard of anyone being rejected for spelling mistakes - it's better than to constantly withdraw and re-apply.
Thanks for your advice. It would be great to hear opinions of others on this forum as well, as I am thinking to take the cover letter route that you suggested, and I just want to be on the safe side that Home office won't penalise me...

naturalisationapp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by naturalisationapp » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:45 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:07 pm
naturalisationapp wrote:
Thanks for your advice. It would be great to hear opinions of others on this forum as well, as I am thinking to take the cover letter route that you suggested, and I just want to be on the safe side that Home office won't penalise me...

kera
Newly Registered

Post by kera » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:36 am

Hiya could you please advise how you managed to cancel your application? Have you received your refund?