ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Checklist for the biometric appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Desiro
Belarus

Travel abroad during citizenship application

Post by Desiro » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:12 pm
Free to travel. Citizenship is NOT an immigration application.
Is the same true for citizenship application 1 year upon obtaining ILR? I haven't been to my home country for three years, I plan to submit my citizenship application in mid October this year, can I travel while my application is processed? At what stage my current passport and ILR will need to be submitted to home office?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel abroad during citizenship application

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:54 pm

1. Please do not tag your queries into other topics.

2. You are free to travel. No original passports or brp cards are sent to UKVI. All documents are scanned and uploaded before your UKCVAS appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Desiro
Belarus

Photos for referee declaration form

Post by Desiro » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:13 pm

Hi everyone,
Are there any requirements for the photo for referee declaration form? Does it have to be the same photo that will be submitted for passport application later? Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Photos for referee declaration form

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:18 am

No it does not have to be the same photo as for passport later
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Desiro
Belarus

Applicants name in the referee form

Post by Desiro » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:35 am

Hi all,
I've just got signed referee declaration form from my referee. He followed the instructions provided in the form ie he wrote my name and birthdate on the back of photo, glued it to the form and signed the form from back side, however he left the field "applicant name " blank. Perhaps silly question but should I put my name in this field myself or rather send it back to my referee? Thank you.

Desiro
Belarus

Travel between application and appointment

Post by Desiro » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:50 pm

Hi everyone,
I have just submitted an application for BC via 5 year tier2+1 year ILR route. The appointments for document submission are available in late November- early December this year. I plan to go for 1 week vacation next week and obviously this upcoming trip was not listed in the list of trips- can this be a problem?

TerryGH
Chile

Re: Travel between application and appointment

Post by TerryGH » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:53 pm

You need to list all trips before you made the application. If you don't plan any additional before your application date, it's all good.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:37 pm

Your appointment is after you applied/paid online. The appointment is basically for biometrics, as part of the process. Travel after you have applied doens't need to be listed.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:41 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:37 pm
Your appointment is after you applied/paid online. The appointment is basically for biometrics, as part of the process. Travel after you have applied doens't need to be listed.
Do they take any documents at the appointment or only scan it? In other words- I will book an appointment in the beginning of December- can I make travel plans for Christmas yet?

magicsign
Italy

Post by magicsign » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:15 am

Desiro wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:41 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Do they take any documents at the appointment or only scan it? In other words- I will book an appointment in the beginning of December- can I make travel plans for Christmas yet?
They don't keep any document at the biometric appointment

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:42 pm

Desiro wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:41 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
You can travel once your appointment has taken place - I'd just wait with arrangements until an appointment is booked.
They don't keep any documents - they scan if you paid for it.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Desiro
Belarus

Checklist for the biometric appointment

Post by Desiro » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:29 am

Hi everyone, I have a biometric appointment for naturalisation tomorrow, there is one thing that I'm not quite comfortable with- there is a box in the document checklist- proof of living in the UK for 5 years. My understanding is that this is essentially my passport with all the UK entry stamps, however there is a separate box for passport to be ticked, that's why I feel like I am not providing the required document. Unfortunately, I won't have time to get a letter from the employer before my appointment, is there anything else I can upload (eg P60 or car ownership document) or passport with UK entry stamps should be sufficient?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Checklist for the biometric appointment

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:33 am

Desiro wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:29 am
Hi everyone, I have a biometric appointment for naturalisation tomorrow, there is one thing that I'm not quite comfortable with- there is a box in the document checklist- proof of living in the UK for 5 years. My understanding is that this is essentially my passport with all the UK entry stamps, however there is a separate box for passport to be ticked, that's why I feel like I am not providing the required document. Unfortunately, I won't have time to get a letter from the employer before my appointment, is there anything else I can upload (eg P60 or car ownership document) or passport with UK entry stamps should be sufficient?
You only need your passport, all pages. The checklist is generic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tycouk

Re: Checklist for the biometric appointment

Post by tycouk » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:38 pm

Hello all,
I am bit confused on this passport, I read in same forum that you only need Bio pages and stamping pages to upload and somewhere it says all pages, may I know which is correct.
Thanks for the help..