ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - Approval letter or email?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

techy142
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

British Citizenship - Approval letter or email?

Post by techy142 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:07 pm

Hi all,

Many of us have applied for naturalisation and keep an eye out for approval letter. A lot of us keep checking emails, keep refreshing inbox to see if we have something. The Home Office has not been consistent with delivery of decision where some people received a letter through the door and some via email. Worst of all, some don't get any update from HO and only find out when they receive communication from the council to book the ceremony.

Can we update this page with responses stating how you have received your decision? Whether email or post?
If email what was the email address it was sent from? this could help certain users where they can turn on notifications for specific email addresses (if the emails are not linked to specific caseworker).

I hope the members who have already received their approvals can contribute to this page. :)

c4551m
Pakistan

Re: British Citizenship - Approval letter or email?

Post by c4551m » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:21 pm

Through email, the email was like ct8homeoffice and invitation letter thru post.
Flro applied 23.02.14
Varied application to SET LR 3.3.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

techy142
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by techy142 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:27 pm

c4551m wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:21 pm
Through email, the email was like ct8homeoffice and invitation letter thru post.
Hi, Thanks for sharing. is it possible to get full email address?

dexmo
United Kingdom

Post by dexmo » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:35 pm

techy142 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:07 pm
Hi all,

Many of us have applied for naturalisation and keep an eye out for approval letter. A lot of us keep checking emails, keep refreshing inbox to see if we have something. The Home Office has not been consistent with delivery of decision where some people received a letter through the door and some via email. Worst of all, some don't get any update from HO and only find out when they receive communication from the council to book the ceremony.

Can we update this page with responses stating how you have received your decision? Whether email or post?
If email what was the email address it was sent from? this could help certain users where they can turn on notifications for specific email addresses (if the emails are not linked to specific caseworker).

I hope the members who have already received their approvals can contribute to this page. :)
Email decisions/approvals/invitations to book ceremony normally come from Home Office Atlas home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk

It is still unclear why some people get a letter through the post and others an email. According to some councils, the Home Office is in the middle of migrating to a new system - whereas in the past (up until March-April this year) all decisions were communicated through the post now decisions are pushed through electronically. Several councils have suggested if your UAN is a 16 digit number (1234-1234-1234-1234) you will normally get an email (new system). This was certainly my case (applied in May). The old system generates 8-digit UANs. However, several forum members have reported getting a letter through the post and yet their UAN was a 12 digit one.

YOLO123
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by YOLO123 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:05 am

Hey, I recieved my decision email from Home Office Atlas through the following email:

atlasnotifications.notmonitored@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

What bothers me abito is that I contacted my local council if they had received my certificate from the Home Office l, since a week had passed - and they apparently haven't recieved anything.

Should I wait abit or should I contact UKVI to see if they sent it?

Jeff2022
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Jeff2022 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:55 pm

I received my Citizenship Ceremony Invitation email from Home Office Atlas email on 31 Jan 2022

I have been trying to book a group ceremony on the Tower Hamlets website and have physically been to the Tower Hamlet Register Office in Shadwell. the woman at the reception told me that Ref numbers that start with 1212 often have problems when trying to book on the Tower Hamlets site, so she asked me to call in or go to the office in person. She also told me the Register office receives the certificates each Thursday and to either call or Viti on a Friday to get an update on my status.

It appears that the council still have not received my certificate and it has been two weeks.

Has anyone else faced this issue?

Jeff2022
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Jeff2022 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:58 pm

YOLO123 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:05 am
Hey, I recieved my decision email from Home Office Atlas through the following email:

atlasnotifications.notmonitored@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

What bothers me abito is that I contacted my local council if they had received my certificate from the Home Office l, since a week had passed - and they apparently haven't recieved anything.

Should I wait abit or should I contact UKVI to see if they sent it?
Hi, How did this work out for you, finally? I am in a similar situation.

YOLO123
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by YOLO123 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:32 pm

I recieved the confirmation email, a few days before the ceremony (third week of november for the second week of December)

Brie56
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Brie56 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:12 am

Jeff2022 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:55 pm
I received my Citizenship Ceremony Invitation email from Home Office Atlas email on 31 Jan 2022

I have been trying to book a group ceremony on the Tower Hamlets website and have physically been to the Tower Hamlet Register Office in Shadwell. the woman at the reception told me that Ref numbers that start with 1212 often have problems when trying to book on the Tower Hamlets site, so she asked me to call in or go to the office in person. She also told me the Register office receives the certificates each Thursday and to either call or Viti on a Friday to get an update on my status.

It appears that the council still have not received my certificate and it has been two weeks.

Has anyone else faced this issue?
I am facing this issue. My email from the Home Office was received on 21 Feb and Tower Hamlets’ website doesn’t recognise my details. Have you found a solution?