ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application processed under a wrong name

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

missdaytona
Newly Registered
Poland

Application processed under a wrong name

Post by missdaytona » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:44 am

Hi guys,

I have received the good news that my British citizenship application was approved, but I think it got processed under a wrong name.

I have applied under the name that is in my polish passport, but in the “are you known by any other names” I have given the name I have on the HMRC, DVLA, etc. I have received an email from the case worker asking which name I would like the application to be processed under, so I told him to use the name I have in the passport.

However, in the email I received today the used my hmrc name. :roll:

So my question is. Who I can contact to a) check which name was registered b) change it if needed

Thank you!

daku
Albania

Re: Application processed under a wrong name

Post by daku » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:55 pm

I thought they would process with the name as it would appear on your passport? You will be able to view it on the certificate once you have the ceremony with the council. Doubt you can change it now. Maybe later.

How would this impact your passport application?

missdaytona
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Application processed under a wrong name

Post by missdaytona » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:23 pm

I changed my name by deed poll and I listed the new name in the field “are you known by any other names”. For some reason they though that’s the name I want to have the application processed as but as it didn’t match the passport name I provided they emailed me about it and gave me the option of leaving the deed poll name and I will have to change the name on the other passport before I can get the British one. Or keep the name that matches the passport one.

I spoke to the home office on the phone today and they told me to email the caseworker that got in contact with me. She told me they can change it no problem if there is an issue, especially because I specified which name to process it under.

She also told me to go ahead and book the ceremony and if necessary a new certificate will be sent to me afterwards and I will have to send the wrong one back.