ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel after I have applied for naturalisation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

elorium
Newly Registered
Russia

Can I travel after I have applied for naturalisation?

Post by elorium » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:56 pm

I am sure this has been asked before, as I understand I get to keep my passport. Will I will be able to travel straight after I submit the online application or only after I go through the biometrics appointment?

rbv79
Newly Registered
European Union

Re: Can I travel after I have applied for naturalisation?

Post by rbv79 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:58 pm

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:12 pm

elorium wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:56 pm
I am sure this has been asked before, as I understand I get to keep my passport. Will I will be able to travel straight after I submit the online application or only after I go through the biometrics appointment?
Ok to travel after the application, but probably best to travel after your biometrics are done, just to avoid any potential delays.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ausmarton
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ausmarton » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:24 pm

While I'm not sure if this applies to applications for naturalisation, I came across these changes made to the Immigration Rules and published on 10 September 2021.

These changes (HC 617) which are supposed to have come into force from 6 October 2021 can be found within paragraph 34K here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ssible.pdf
This seems to suggest that an application on which a decision hasn't been made will be treated as withdrawn if the applicant leaves the CTA before the decision.

It would be great if someone who can interpret that text could comment on the applicability of that paragraph to naturalisation applications.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:27 pm

ausmarton wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:24 pm
While I'm not sure if this applies to applications for naturalisation, I came across these changes made to the Immigration Rules and published on 10 September 2021.

These changes (HC 617) which are supposed to have come into force from 6 October 2021 can be found within paragraph 34K here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ssible.pdf
This seems to suggest that an application on which a decision hasn't been made will be treated as withdrawn if the applicant leaves the CTA before the decision.

It would be great if someone who can interpret that text could comment on the applicability of that paragraph to naturalisation applications.
This applies to Immigration applications.

Naturalisation is NOT an immigration application!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.