ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SrMcNix
Newly Registered
Bermuda

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by SrMcNix » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:22 pm

Lurking here for a few years now. Thought I would put in my timeline now that things look like they are moving again. I hope to hear something soon!

Application Date: Jan 8, 2020
Documents Received: Feb 7, 2020
Address Confirmation: Pending
Congratulations Email: Pending
FBR Certification received: Pending

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:38 pm

Valo wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:20 pm
andrewberry wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:10 pm
Has anyone spoken to a human at the Irish FBR since they "re-opened", which was apparently yesterday?
If I am reading the below webpage correctly, you can actually call them now. Not sure if there is a webchat option, which might be easier to reach? I spoke with them by phone 25 months ago just prior submission of application, and it was not very difficult to reach someone. Of course it may be much more difficult now.

Just wondering if anyone had talked to them/tried to talk to them since they re-opened yesterday?
https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... ister.html#

EXCERPT:

"You can read more about how to appeal or ask for your details to be changed or deleted in the Foreign Births Register on dfa.ie.

Department of Foreign Affairs
Foreign Births Register
Consular Section
80 St Stephen's Green
Dublin 2
Ireland

Opening Hours: Monday to Friday, 10am - 1pm
Tel: +353 1 408 2555
Homepage: https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenshi ... ign-birth/
Page edited: 15 November 2021"

END OF EXCERPT
I'm trying to, they have a Webchat option for the FBR but even though FBR re-opened yesterday the Webchat service for the FBR is still closed. Shambles tbh because I need to get into contact with someone.
Well, they have a lot of catching up to do, so perhaps resources normally assigned to Webchat are helping clear the backlog?

Once they put that Webchat back online I'm guessing they'll have thousands of people querying them, if I'd were them I'd prob leave it offline too ;)

Seriously tho, it is a "phased approach", perhaps Webchat is not part of the first phase? They didn't actually detail what the phases are I don't believe, so who actually knows.

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:09 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:38 pm
Valo wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:20 pm
andrewberry wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:10 pm
Has anyone spoken to a human at the Irish FBR since they "re-opened", which was apparently yesterday?
If I am reading the below webpage correctly, you can actually call them now. Not sure if there is a webchat option, which might be easier to reach? I spoke with them by phone 25 months ago just prior submission of application, and it was not very difficult to reach someone. Of course it may be much more difficult now.

Just wondering if anyone had talked to them/tried to talk to them since they re-opened yesterday?
https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... ister.html#

EXCERPT:

"You can read more about how to appeal or ask for your details to be changed or deleted in the Foreign Births Register on dfa.ie.

Department of Foreign Affairs
Foreign Births Register
Consular Section
80 St Stephen's Green
Dublin 2
Ireland

Opening Hours: Monday to Friday, 10am - 1pm
Tel: +353 1 408 2555
Homepage: https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenshi ... ign-birth/
Page edited: 15 November 2021"

END OF EXCERPT
I'm trying to, they have a Webchat option for the FBR but even though FBR re-opened yesterday the Webchat service for the FBR is still closed. Shambles tbh because I need to get into contact with someone.
Well, they have a lot of catching up to do, so perhaps resources normally assigned to Webchat are helping clear the backlog?

Once they put that Webchat back online I'm guessing they'll have thousands of people querying them, if I'd were them I'd prob leave it offline too ;)

Seriously tho, it is a "phased approach", perhaps Webchat is not part of the first phase? They didn't actually detail what the phases are I don't believe, so who actually knows.
I'm hoping that's the case and they open it very soon. Because I'm hesitant to submit right now because of an issue I have. Not sure if I've made a mistake on the online application part which I submitted yesterday.

Mr_Knight
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mr_Knight » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:32 pm

Valo wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:09 pm
I'm hoping that's the case and they open it very soon. Because I'm hesitant to submit right now because of an issue I have. Not sure if I've made a mistake on the online application part which I submitted yesterday.
What is your potential mistake?

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:50 pm

Mr_Knight wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:32 pm
Valo wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:09 pm
What is your potential mistake?
Hi!

So, on the application form that you print out after completing the online section, under Sections A, B and C pertaining to the applicant (myself) the Irish citizen parent and then the grandparent (who I am applying on the basis of) in each box for each individual person it has a box that says 'mothers birth surname'. When I filled this out I took it to mean the surname the mother of each person has when the mother was born. However, it dawned on me last night that after submitting and paying that I may have made a mistake. I am now thinking that maybe it was asking for the surname that the mother had when she gave birth to the people for each section. If that makes sense?

Mr_Knight
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mr_Knight » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:57 pm

Valo wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:50 pm
So, on the application form that you print out after completing the online section, under Sections A, B and C pertaining to the applicant (myself) the Irish citizen parent and then the grandparent (who I am applying on the basis of) in each box for each individual person it has a box that says 'mothers birth surname'. When I filled this out I took it to mean the surname the mother of each person has when the mother was born. However, it dawned on me last night that after submitting and paying that I may have made a mistake. I am now thinking that maybe it was asking for the surname that the mother had when she gave birth to the people for each section. If that makes sense?
For me as person A I put my mothers first & last name as it was on her birth certificate.
For person B I put my grandmothers first & last name as it was on her birth certificate
For person C I put my great grandmothers first & last name as it was on her birth record.

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:59 pm

Mr_Knight wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:57 pm
Valo wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:50 pm
For me as person A I put my mothers first & last name as it was on her birth certificate.
For person B I put my grandmothers first & last name as it was on her birth certificate
For person C I put my great grandmothers first & last name as it was on her birth record.
Ah, so it looks like I'm in the right then. That makes sense. Thank you.

leitrim
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by leitrim » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:21 pm

Long time lurker excited about the reopening. I received my FBR back in the 90s. Submitted for my 2 teenagers coming up on 2 years ago.

Documents Received at Balbriggan: 2 Dec 2019

denzimart
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by denzimart » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:16 pm

Following a surge of Covid cases in Ireland the government are asking people to work from home. No confirmation on impact to services like FBR, but it's been clearly communicated in the past that FBR processing cannot be done remotely, so there's a strong chance this could impact the reopening.
https://m.independent.ie/world-news/cor ... 57823.html

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:47 am

denzimart wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:16 pm
Following a surge of Covid cases in Ireland the government are asking people to work from home. No confirmation on impact to services like FBR, but it's been clearly communicated in the past that FBR processing cannot be done remotely, so there's a strong chance this could impact the reopening.
Considering they just reopened the FBR yesterday, I'd hope they have some sort of plan in place. They must've had these numbers and indications last week before they announced the reopening?

Suro
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Suro » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:31 am

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:47 am
denzimart wrote:
Considering they just reopened the FBR yesterday, I'd hope they have some sort of plan in place. They must've had these numbers and indications last week before they announced the reopening?
I saw that last night too... Also very worried they are going to close again. I really don't see why they can't do it from home, we have supplied all the documents, and surely its just checking their validity (says the person with no idea of the checks they actually do) but really... :(

Celtic67
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Celtic67 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Has anyone been able to contact the FBR team yet as I have been trying and the status is that passport office are pretending they don’t realise that they are open 🙁

Celtic67
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Celtic67 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Has anyone been able to contact the FBR team yet as I have been trying and the status is that passport office are pretending they don’t realise that they are open 🙁

cjncjn
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by cjncjn » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:40 pm

Processing of Foreign Birth registration will resume on a phased basis from Monday 15 November
The first phase must be: tell staff not to come into the office...

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:30 pm

Suro wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:31 am
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:47 am
denzimart wrote:
I saw that last night too... Also very worried they are going to close again. I really don't see why they can't do it from home, we have supplied all the documents, and surely its just checking their validity (says the person with no idea of the checks they actually do) but really... :(
I suspect it has more to do with the documents, which are personal private documents of the applicants, and probably have to remain in controlled and safe place. I.e. you don't want your documents in someone's bag that they accidentally leave on a bus. Most likely a liability thing.

Anyway, I guess we'll find out.

Celtic67
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Celtic67 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:52 pm

Finally I am having contact after 2 years and 6 weeks I have had the confirmation of address email today at 5.28 pm GMT.
Now onto waiting and getting my Irish passport at last! Good luck to all those still awaiting contact
Timeline
Application online 4th October 2019
Document received email 14th October 2019
Confirmation address email 17th November2019
Congratulations email of despatch Cert: Waiting

Celtic67
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Celtic67 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:19 pm

Confirmation of address email 17th November 2021 *typo

MayaJ
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MayaJ » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:25 pm

Also a lurker for a couple of years and keeping my fingers crossed things are going to move along now

Application Date: November 26, 2019
Document Acceptance: December 2, 2019

skyhigh123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by skyhigh123 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:27 am

Good news-I just received a phone call from Dublin telling me that my application to be added to the Foreign Births Register has been successful. The lady in the office asked me to confirm that my postal address was unchanged after 2 years and told me that my documents would be returned to me in a few days. I asked how long passport applications were taking and she said that it could be done online and that she thought that it was taking about 8 weeks.

17/11/2019 Email to let me know that my payment has been taken
25/11/2019 Email confirmation that my documents had been received
19/11/2021 Telephone call to confirm that my application was successful and checking my address

I'm unsure how to add this information to the spread sheet. I've seen Trish Mc's post from November 16th and have read the instructions but I'm unclear as how to actually open the document to add my information

Mr_Knight
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mr_Knight » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:10 pm

Is calling FBR applicants by phone a new development? It might possibly speed things up a bit instead of emailing (that can often get lost in spam) then waiting for applicants response then applicant waiting further for conformation then waiting for dispatch.

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:48 pm

Managed to myself an affidavit saying I'm estranged from my mother and thus can't provide the required state ID document. Should be fairly straight-forward now methinks.

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:03 pm

Valo wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:48 pm
Managed to myself an affidavit saying I'm estranged from my mother and thus can't provide the required state ID document. Should be fairly straight-forward now methinks.
Does FBR agree to such operation?

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:14 pm

maishun wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:03 pm
Valo wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:48 pm
Does FBR agree to such operation?
Heard from multiple people before that if you're missing state ID from a parent due to estrangement they will accept a written note or affidavit in place of it. That's why I'm doing it.

mari1234
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by mari1234 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:47 pm

Incredible news! My FBR application has been approved. Here's my journey:
    Applied online March 2021. Held off sending docs as instructed due to Covid.
      Found out I was pregnant, Oct 2021. Asked you lovely people for advice.
        Contacted Passport Webchat (FBR webchat closed) for advice. Given this email to contact: fbr.urgentqueries@dfa.ie
          Emailed FBR team and got a response 29/10. Advised to send all the docs I had, including proof of pregnancy, immediately, & to write 'Expectant Parent' on the envelope along with application number.
            Also advised to have Irish grandfather's death certificate corrected (wrong by 6 days!) and mum's passport renewed (expired in May 2021) just in case they asked for it at a later date. In my case they didn't!
              Sent everything I had from London on 8th Nov, received in Balbriggan on 11th Nov.
                Received this email today 19th Nov:

Your Foreign Births Registration application received 11/11/21 was expedited as you are an expectant parent. It is now approved and you are entered on the Registry.

A Foreign Births Registration Certificate and your original documents will be returned to you by registered post to your address at [postcode] and will require a signature on delivery.

You will receive email notification once FBR certificate is printed and documents will then be returned.

I'm stunned. I knew my case was very straightforward but still, this is fast! I hope it's heartening to some who may be in a similar situation, and to all to know that they are there working on processing.

It may take months to receive the certificate, who knows, but I'm obviously so relieved to have been approved in time. Thank you again to everyone on this forum who offered me advice. The luck of the Irish to you all. :D

Valo
                Ireland

Post by Valo » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:54 pm

mari1234 wrote:
                Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:47 pm
                Incredible news! My FBR application has been approved. Here's my journey:
                  Applied online March 2021. Held off sending docs as instructed due to Covid.
                    Found out I was pregnant, Oct 2021. Asked you lovely people for advice.
                      Contacted Passport Webchat (FBR webchat closed) for advice. Given this email to contact: fbr.urgentqueries@dfa.ie
                        Emailed FBR team and got a response 29/10. Advised to send all the docs I had, including proof of pregnancy, immediately, & to write 'Expectant Parent' on the envelope along with application number.
                          Also advised to have Irish grandfather's death certificate corrected (wrong by 6 days!) and mum's passport renewed (expired in May 2021) just in case they asked for it at a later date. In my case they didn't!
                            Sent everything I had from London on 8th Nov, received in Balbriggan on 11th Nov.
                              Received this email today 19th Nov:

Your Foreign Births Registration application received 11/11/21 was expedited as you are an expectant parent. It is now approved and you are entered on the Registry.

A Foreign Births Registration Certificate and your original documents will be returned to you by registered post to your address at [postcode] and will require a signature on delivery.

You will receive email notification once FBR certificate is printed and documents will then be returned.

I'm stunned. I knew my case was very straightforward but still, this is fast! I hope it's heartening to some who may be in a similar situation, and to all to know that they are there working on processing.

It may take months to receive the certificate, who knows, but I'm obviously so relieved to have been approved in time. Thank you again to everyone on this forum who offered me advice. The luck of the Irish to you all. :D
                              Congratulations!!!

That email address you've just posted, is anyone allowed to use it? I ask because the FBR webchat is still closed and I need to contact them.