ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Required Documents -- UK website doesn't list some?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rball1212
Newly Registered
United States of America

Cash savings financial requirement

Post by rball1212 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:46 am

Hi,

I see that in applying for a family visa, if one has £62,500 and can show that they have for at least the past six months, they don't need to show any proof of income. I am wondering if I (the applicant) have that money in a shared account with my father if that would count, or if the money has to be in my and/or my spouse's name alone?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Cash savings financial requirement

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:17 am

rball1212 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:46 am
Hi,

I see that in applying for a family visa, if one has £62,500 and can show that they have for at least the past six months, they don't need to show any proof of income. I am wondering if I (the applicant) have that money in a shared account with my father if that would count, or if the money has to be in my and/or my spouse's name alone?
Requirements is that either in sole name of applicant or sponsor or in their joint account.

rball1212
Newly Registered
United States of America

£62,500 for family visa

Post by rball1212 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:48 pm

Hi,

I see that for a family visa, if I show that I've had £62,500 in my and/or my husband's name for at least six months, I don't need proof of income. What happens if I transfer money from one account that is in my name to another that's in my name? Then the balance from one account would be zero, and the balance prior to the transfer in my other account would have been less than the £62,500 required, but I would have statements showing that I had previously had a sufficient amount combined with the other account. Would that cause any complications?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: £62,500 for family visa

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:00 pm

rball1212 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:48 pm
Hi,

I see that for a family visa, if I show that I've had £62,500 in my and/or my husband's name for at least six months, I don't need proof of income. What happens if I transfer money from one account that is in my name to another that's in my name? Then the balance from one account would be zero, and the balance prior to the transfer in my other account would have been less than the £62,500 required, but I would have statements showing that I had previously had a sufficient amount combined with the other account. Would that cause any complications?
No proof of income is needed if you are using savings to meet the financial requirement. I would suggest you live the funds in the account as they are because the funds must been in the account held for the period of 6 months.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

rball1212
Newly Registered
United States of America

Documents of correspondence for family visa

Post by rball1212 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:09 pm

I was looking at the requirements for a family visa, and one of the things I saw on the government website is that you need is either a marriage certificate OR proof that you've been living together for two years. However, when I went through the application, even though I entered that we are married, it still says I need to provide correspondence to show that we lived together for two years. There's an issue though:

When we first lived together, my spouse wasn't on the lease; my ex moved out and my spouse moved in, but there was never any official documentation of this. He was able to find one piece of government mail for him at that address, but nothing else.

After that we were living with my father in the US. I'm a US citizen but he's not, and visa-wise was just there as a visitor (we were in the US together for a total of nine months). But because of that, he doesn't have any official correspondence at that address. I do have statements from a joint credit card at that address, but it's addressed to my father as he's the primary person on the account. But, the statements do say both of our names on them, at the same address that my father can testify to us living at. Would that count?

I have to check a box saying that I will provide correspondence for all of these addresses, but will I ultimately be required to even though we're married?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents of correspondence for family visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:19 pm

Two years evidence of living together is NOT required for a first spouse visa application made abroad.

Evidence of subsisting relationship, IE photos, WhatsApp screenshots, flight tickets etc is required.

Where or which country is he applying from for the visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rball1212
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Documents of correspondence for family visa

Post by rball1212 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:23 pm

I'm applying from within the UK. I'm currently on a student visa (I'm American, my spouse is English).
So, I'm curious then about why I have to check a box when going through the online application that says that I confirm that I will submit two years' correspondence. Is that just an automatic thing that comes up because non-married couples in civil partnerships have to provide that documentation?

rball1212
Newly Registered
United States of America

income from US disability payments and another family visa question

Post by rball1212 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:54 pm

I'll be applying for a family visa and will be using my savings of >£62,500 for proof of finances. When I've gone through the application process, it asks if I have any other regular sources of income. If I mention that I get mouthy payments from US Social Security (which is from disability) would this cause any issues for my application?

Also, it asks if my spouse and I would be able to live anywhere else if I did not get the family visa. We do not share any other citizenships, so the only way we would be able to live together elsewhere is if he applied for a Green Card in the US (where I'm from). So, would I answer yes or no there?

rball1212
Newly Registered
United States of America

IHS surcharge for people already on other UK visa

Post by rball1212 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:11 pm

Hi,

I am on a student visa that stared 13 July 2021 and expires 13 January 2023 for which I payed the IHS. I am now applying for a family visa through my husband who is a UK citizen. Do I need to pay the IHS again even though I have only been here for three months and have paid an IHS fee for 18 months?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS surcharge for people already on other UK visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:17 pm

You have to pay again. A spouse visa is at the full rate too of £624 per year, so £1560 for a 2.5 year spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rball1212
Newly Registered
United States of America

Effect of disability on family visa?

Post by rball1212 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:03 pm

Hi,

I'm in the UK on a student visa but am in the process of applying for a family visa as my husband is a UK citizen. I receive payments from Social Security as disability payments due to my anxiety. On the application I stated that I received money from Social Security because it asked about sources of income but didn't specify that is was for disability. I'm not working, and am using personal savings to meet the financial requirements. Would the fact that I mentioned that I receive SS payments have an effect on the decision making process? I didn't explicitly mention my mental health anywhere.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Effect of disability on family visa?

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:11 pm

rball1212 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:03 pm
Hi,

I'm in the UK on a student visa but am in the process of applying for a family visa as my husband is a UK citizen. I receive payments from Social Security as disability payments due to my anxiety. On the application I stated that I received money from Social Security because it asked about sources of income but didn't specify that is was for disability. I'm not working, and am using personal savings to meet the financial requirements. Would the fact that I mentioned that I receive SS payments have an effect on the decision making process? I didn't explicitly mention my mental health anywhere.
Your US social security is irrelevant to a UK spouse visa application. There is no requirement to mention this.

Also, please keep all your questions in one single topic, this one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rball1212
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by rball1212 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:14 pm

Thanks for the response. I already stated on my submitted visa application that I receive social security payments. So you're saying that even though I've stated this it won't be an issue?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:14 pm

It is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rball1212
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by rball1212 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:16 pm

So they won't ask me any further questions about it when they see it on my application? I have to show proof that I receive the money every month (I can show it thru my bank statements), so I will have to mention it again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:17 pm

Money you receive from your home country is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rball1212
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by rball1212 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:22 pm

All of the money that I'm using as proof of financial requirement is back in the US. It's more than the equivalent of the £62,500 required. Is it a problem that the money is in the US?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:11 am

rball1212 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:22 pm
All of the money that I'm using as proof of financial requirement is back in the US. It's more than the equivalent of the £62,500 required. Is it a problem that the money is in the US?
It is not a problem, provide the statement of the account verifiable by HO.

rball1212
Newly Registered
United States of America

Required Documents -- UK website doesn't list some?

Post by rball1212 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:03 pm

Hi all,

I'm applying for a family visa, and I've seen a lot of mention both here and on other third-party sites of people including documentation of their relationship with their partner such as photos, travel records, etc. However, on the checklist that was generated after I submitted on my application, and on the UKVI website, there is no mention of supplying these documents, and even says that including things such as joint travel itineraries, photos, etc. does not count as substantial evidence of a relationship.

I am including the items of correspondence documenting our living together over a period of two+ years. Should I still include these other things like what I mentioned above even though it's not explicitly stated on any official government website or documents?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Required Documents -- UK website doesn't list some?

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:09 pm

rball1212 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:03 pm
Hi all,

I'm applying for a family visa, and I've seen a lot of mention both here and on other third-party sites of people including documentation of their relationship with their partner such as photos, travel records, etc. However, on the checklist that was generated after I submitted on my application, and on the UKVI website, there is no mention of supplying these documents, and even says that including things such as joint travel itineraries, photos, etc. does not count as substantial evidence of a relationship.

I am including the items of correspondence documenting our living together over a period of two+ years. Should I still include these other things like what I mentioned above even though it's not explicitly stated on any official government website or documents?
The list on the website is not exhaustive. If it is the extension of spouse visa that you are applying for, cohabitation evidence for last 2 years suffices.
If its the initial spouse visa, then include other ones you mentioned above as stated by others or you read should be included.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:53 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:09 pm
If its the initial spouse visa, then include other ones you mentioned above as stated by others or you read should be included.
Isn't the above usually for applications from outside the UK?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:54 pm

rball1212 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:03 pm
No, you don't need to.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."