ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asked to send Birth Certificate to different Passport Office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leoinlondon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Asked to send Birth Certificate to different Passport Office

Post by leoinlondon » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I have recently applied for British Passports for my two kids, after their registration. The initial documents (registration certificate and old passports) were sent to the Bootle office.

After about a month, I was asked to send the Birth Certificate of my first child to the Bootle office. The Bootle address also had the PEX number of my child application – I think this would allow them to link the Birth Certificate with my son’s application. So I sent the BC to Bootle office, no issues.

Now for my second child, I have a received a similar email to send his birth certificate. But I have noticed that they have asked to send the birth certificate to the Durham office this time. Also the address they hve asked me to send the BC also doesn’t mention PEX in the address. Below is what the full address they want me to send the BC.

Customer Services
HMPO Freemans Reach
Durham
DH1 1SL

I am not sure if Passport Office has done some error here (no PEX in address) – and it looks strange to send my initial documents to Bootle office and the remaining document to Durham office now. Please can anyone advise what can I do in this case? Is there a way to check with Passport Office about the address issue before sending the BC.

Thanks in advance

srsw

Re: Asked to send Birth Certificate to different Passport Office

Post by srsw » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:30 pm

When I called helpline to ask about progress, they said kids applications could be assigned to two different people and/or different offices/locations.

It could be normal practice but just to be sure check with their helpline:

https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/help
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

KenBossini
India

Re: Asked to send Birth Certificate to different Passport Office

Post by KenBossini » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:14 pm

Passport offices are assigned at random to each application. PEX number is your application number, so not part of the address. You can mention it along with the address even if not requested.

Regards,
K.