ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reply from MMST FMT

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bmnikhil
Newly Registered

Reply from MMST FMT

Post by bmnikhil » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:44 am

Hi All,

We (me+wife+son) applied for Naturalisation in June (19th) and biometrics on 24th.
It has almost been 5 months (and I have a new job lined up that requires citizenship) - so I contacted the following emails request an update (hoping they would respond)
Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk,
nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk,
nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk,
furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk,
FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk,
Furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Luckily I recieved an email from Admin support saying: The applications have been decided and you will be contacted in due course.

I understand why they choose to be vauge - but not sure how to proceed. Should I (a) wait for email or post or letter from council soon (b) contact council and check (c) any experience of what "due course" could mean - days/weeks??

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Re: Reply from MMST FMT

Post by Aerotony » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:41 pm

Congratulations! The Home Office will produce the certificates and send them to your local council(normally on every Friday). Then the applicants will get the approval on Monday. Hopefully you will get the approval email next Monday.

FloweringBud
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by FloweringBud » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:17 pm

Aerotony wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:41 pm
Congratulations! The Home Office will produce the certificates and send them to your local council(normally on every Friday). Then the applicants will get the approval on Monday. Hopefully you will get the approval email next Monday.
Is this true? I got approval on Monday and I emailed council yesterday (Tuesday) . They’ve not got my paperwork or certificate yet ... so can’t even book , while I’ve seen some people book on the day of their approval:(

bmnikhil
Newly Registered

Post by bmnikhil » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:46 am

Thank you - I will wait.
I have contacted my local counci (Devon) to check if they have received any letter. The nice lady said the council recieves letter 4 weeks after we recieve it. So asked me to call them later.

There seems to a wide array of options and responses from UKBA. I wish it was more standardised.

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:42 am

Congratulations.

What they replied from?

bmnikhil
Newly Registered

Post by bmnikhil » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:12 am

Thank you.
Do you mean the email address of the response? Its
<NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk> via homeoffice.gov.uk

bmnikhil
Newly Registered

Post by bmnikhil » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:10 pm

Just recieved an email to attend ceremony in devon county council in two weeks time. So it is as suggested Friday receipt.
Thanks team :D