ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born abroad for a British Father

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jgirgis85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Child born abroad for a British Father

Post by jgirgis85 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:02 pm

Hi all,

I am a British Citizen by neutralization and my wife is still on a tier 2 visa and she will be giving birth in our home country not in the UK. So my question is what documents would be enough to bring the child to the UK?

I know that I can either:

1) register the child as born outside the UK (https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth) and get a registration certificate then apply for a child British passport
2) or apply for a child passport without registration but it needs a lot more supporting documents in this case.

So my question is can the child travel to the UK using a foreign passport from our home country + the registration certificate? or do they need to have a British passport as well before they can travel?

Thanks in advance.

vinny

Re: Child born abroad for a British Father

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:26 am

HMPO no longer accepts option 1.

The two choices are either a British Passport or a CoE-RoA.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jgirgis85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Re: Child born abroad for a British Father

Post by jgirgis85 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:06 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:26 am
HMPO no longer accepts option 1.

The two choices are either a British Passport or a CoE-RoA.

Thanks for your rapid reply. Can I be a pain and ask few more questions please. I will go with the passport options but the supporting documents list and application is so confusing :cry:

1) The application mention that I need to have a "Countersignatory" that's not an issue I know someone in the UK who can do that but if I apply from abroad how would that work? like do I need to send the application to this person by international post and after they fill it in they send it back to me? or can I just fill the form, scan it and email them the application and they fill their part , scan it again and email it back?

Also on page 5 here - table C: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _10.16.pdf

• both parents’ full birth certificates (showing both the child’s and parents’ details) or both parents’ naturalisation or registration certificates; and
• parents’ marriage certificate (this does not apply for those born on or after 1 July 2006); and
• both parents’ passports at the time of the applicant’s conception

2) Does passports need to be original or photo copies would be fine?

3) And if only me is naturalized do I supply my neutralization certificate in addition to both birth certificates? and do these need to be original or copies is fine as well?