ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Update on application processing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

underfire222

Update on application processing

Post by underfire222 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:24 pm

Hi Everyone.

I submitted my British Citizenship application on 13/7 and did my biometrics on 8/8.

It's been 4 months now since I applied and I haven't heard anything yet. I noticed that lots of applicants that applied after me in aug and dec are getting the good news.

Anybody know how I can contact UKVI to ask for an update? or do I have to wait atleast 6 month before I can start asking.

Any advice would be great as I am really anxious about it now

Thanks

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Update on application processing

Post by prs » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:35 pm

You need to wait the full 6 months is up before contacting them otherwise you will be ignored.

EMAILS ARE:

furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:38 pm

To be honest, even after the 6 months is up, they might just tell you the usual gibberish so don't keep your hopes up.

But who knows, maybe in the next few weeks you'd get a response from them.

We're all in the same boat. Try to do something else to avoid thinking about it until you hear back from them.

Farali786
United Kingdom

Post by Farali786 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:51 pm

I have submitted application on 1-5-21 and biometric on 28-5-21 since then haven’t heard anything I’ve emailed them on 7th Nov still have not got any response don’t know what to do. Thinking to seek help from MP.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:44 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I am trying my best not to think about it too much, but it is a bit frustrating as it's very difficult to contact anyone or to get a response. It also seems like the processing time is a bit random as I can see other applicants in very similar circumstances apply after me and they got the decision much sooner.

Nothing to do but wait and hope for the best for now

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:22 am

Farali786 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:51 pm
I have submitted application on 1-5-21 and biometric on 28-5-21 since then haven’t heard anything I’ve emailed them on 7th Nov still have not got any response don’t know what to do. Thinking to seek help from MP.

You'd be better off to do PAP or any other strong legal actions against them. Mainly because HO has shown over and over and again that they simply don't care about MPs either! They will give the MP's the same response that they will give you (generic, useless, don't call us, we call you response).

Farali786
United Kingdom

Post by Farali786 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:41 pm

I did send them email on 1st November and they replied back on 18th November saying that ‘

Thank you for your email.

Your application is currently progressing through the system as normal, applications are currently taking approx. 6 months to process, however due to the current corona virus pandemic this may take longer as UKVI is operating with reduced staffing levels as per current government guidelines.

They haven’t mentioned any thing like complex process or can’t be make decision due due to complexity they just mentioned that due to reducing staff it takes time and application is under normal process. I will wait for couple of more weeks then will see.

magicsign
Italy

Post by magicsign » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:03 pm

Would be nice to have at least a portal where you can see different statuses for your application, something like backlog > in process > decision submitted

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:16 am

Still no decision on my application :(
it's now more than 4 months from biometrics and 5 month from application submission

It's getting really frustrating now especially that I'm seeing lots of candidates get a decision in 2 -4 months

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:39 am

The caseworkers will probably start working from home from this Monday. I'm afraid we might face further delays.

The long wait is so frustrating and has real impact to our mental health. Once you reached the six months mark you can contact your MP and submit a compliant about the delay.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:24 pm

Thanks. May I ask does the 6 months start from the date you submit your application online or from the date of biometrics??? there is almost a months between them for me.
Aerotony wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:39 am
The caseworkers will probably start working from home from this Monday. I'm afraid we might face further delays.

The long wait is so frustrating and has real impact to our mental health. Once you reached the six months mark you can contact your MP and submit a compliant about the delay.

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:50 pm

underfire222 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:24 pm
Thanks. May I ask does the 6 months start from the date you submit your application online or from the date of biometrics??? there is almost a months between them for me.
Aerotony wrote:

I believe it is from the date of payment for your application.

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:08 am

har_p3 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:50 pm
underfire222 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:24 pm
Aerotony wrote:

I believe it is from the date of payment for your application.
Yes thats correct. its been confirmed by the HO when I asked them.