ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications From 2020 Pending Approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lusciousblue
Newly Registered
Spain

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2020 Pending Approval

Post by lusciousblue » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:48 am

lusciousblue wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:55 pm
Nre123 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:38 pm
lusciousblue wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:22 am
johnpromise01 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:48 am
lusciousblue wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:40 am
I have received a letter today with the declaration of fidelity and stating that the ceremony next month is cancelled. The letter say that I need to submit the declaration together with the steps outlined in a letter dated 11th of November (i assume the approval letter) that I never received.

Can anyone tell me what are those steps? I assume I need to pay the 950€ and get a photo, but I don't have the datails :(

Great news, congratulations :)
Thanks, I'm just having terrible anxiety now because that first approval letter never got home, so I don't know how much time I've to do those steps that I never was told about :lol:
U need person ID/Application number and Group NAme to be able to submit anything on that portal which will come in the approval letter you would have been sent....i would say wait for a day or 2 and it may land soon.
I have those details in the letter I received today. Anyway, I'll wait until Friday and see if I get the approval letter or they answer my email
So, the first approval letter arrived yesterday on the post! I've now paid the fee, sent the photo and passport online, and the declaration on the post! The wait is almost over.

Thanks everyone for your help :)

Eddie guo
Newly Registered
China

Post by Eddie guo » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:04 am

Hi there . First of all, big congrats to all of you who receive the approvel letter. wonder anyone who apply on Jan 2020 still not received the approvel letter? I sent the request document to FOI, waiting the documents back before 9th Dec., should i go for the solicitor to asking for the warning letter or keep waiting till what FIO, welcome all the warm advise and experience, thanks very much

idonteatanimals
India

Post by idonteatanimals » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:39 pm

Eddie guo wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:04 am
Hi there . First of all, big congrats to all of you who receive the approvel letter. wonder anyone who apply on Jan 2020 still not received the approvel letter? I sent the request document to FOI, waiting the documents back before 9th Dec., should i go for the solicitor to asking for the warning letter or keep waiting till what FIO, welcome all the warm advise and experience, thanks very much
I would suggest you wait for the FOI before the letter, no harm in waiting for couple of weeks.

ailA2019
Ireland

Post by ailA2019 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:53 am

idonteatanimals wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:39 pm
Eddie guo wrote:
I would suggest you wait for the FOI before the letter, no harm in waiting for couple of weeks.
My lawyer said, the exactly 24 month wait mark to start jr proceedings were changed after they recently published notice.

(urrently it takes 23 months approximately for a straightforward application to be processed from the date it is received to the date a decision is made. However, processing times can vary depending on circumstances.).

if you are essentially telling the department that you will take them through a JR if they don't speed your application through but they know you wont do that because it's way too early at 22 months , they will wait for exactly the 26 to 27 month or more until your letter can contain a credible threat for them.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:18 pm

Hi,

I have a few questions any help would be appreciated.

Re: eVetting - Application submitted to NVB for processing - How long does it take for the NVB to complete this?

How long to wait for approval once this is done?

Once you get the approval letter the payment is made online. The photos do you submit online as well? Is it a digital photo or a printed ones need to be posted?

Can I use the same photo for first time passport application?

Once payment is made - How long do you wait for the cert to arrive?

I cannot wait for this all to end. I am so fed up.

Thanks.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:18 pm

Hi,

Anyone else got approval for the 2020 applicants?

Shakey

Post by Shakey » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:57 pm

ailA2019 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:53 am
idonteatanimals wrote:
Eddie guo wrote:
My lawyer said, the exactly 24 month wait mark to start jr proceedings were changed after they recently published notice.

(urrently it takes 23 months approximately for a straightforward application to be processed from the date it is received to the date a decision is made. However, processing times can vary depending on circumstances.).

if you are essentially telling the department that you will take them through a JR if they don't speed your application through but they know you wont do that because it's way too early at 22 months , they will wait for exactly the 26 to 27 month or more until your letter can contain a credible threat for them.
Every application appears to be different. In my case I sent the department a serious letter after receiving FOI showing my file had not been touched for 8 months despite every box being ticked. Letter I sent was at the 21 months point and I made it clear at 24 months I would go for JR if no action was taken.

I received my approval a few weeks later so read into that what you will.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:29 am

Shakey wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:57 pm
ailA2019 wrote:
idonteatanimals wrote:
Eddie guo wrote:

Every application appears to be different. In my case I sent the department a serious letter after receiving FOI showing my file had not been touched for 8 months despite every box being ticked. Letter I sent was at the 21 months point and I made it clear at 24 months I would go for JR if no action was taken.

My solicitor just sent a warning letters at 22 months for me and my children as we applied same day 2020, and she made it clear i would go for JR at 24 months. Still waiting though.

ailA2019
Ireland

Post by ailA2019 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:33 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:29 am
Shakey wrote:
ailA2019 wrote:
idonteatanimals wrote:
Eddie guo wrote:

My solicitor just sent a warning letters at 22 months for me and my children as we applied same day 2020, and she made it clear i would go for JR at 24 months. Still waiting though.
I hope that they will resolve to approving your application without actually going into JR but if you lose JR in this context you will have to pay yours and the departments legal fees ( 3-5k bill) and the Department is justified in why it's taking its time after they recently published notice.

that based on my solicitor advice, it is very confusing.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:30 pm

ailA2019 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:33 pm
johnpromise01 wrote:
Shakey wrote:
ailA2019 wrote:
idonteatanimals wrote:
Eddie guo wrote:

I hope that they will resolve to approving your application without actually going into JR but if you lose JR in this context you will have to pay yours and the departments legal fees ( 3-5k bill) and the Department is justified in why it's taking its time after they recently published notice.

I pointed exactly the same out to my solicitor, she said the processing time of application as at when i and my children applied was 6 month and not in anyway apply to the current processing time if JR proceed.

idonteatanimals
India

Post by idonteatanimals » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:35 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:30 pm
ailA2019 wrote:
johnpromise01 wrote:
Shakey wrote:
ailA2019 wrote:
idonteatanimals wrote:

I pointed exactly the same out to my solicitor, she said the processing time of application as at when i and my children applied was 6 month and not in anyway apply to the current processing time if JR proceed.
How much did it cost you to send the letter?

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:09 pm

idonteatanimals wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:35 pm
johnpromise01 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:30 pm
ailA2019 wrote:
johnpromise01 wrote:
Shakey wrote:
ailA2019 wrote:

How much did it cost you to send the letter?

No separate charges, it's included in my legal fees from when we applied and solicitor is my long term solicitor for over a decade.

Dub23
Ireland

Post by Dub23 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:01 pm

****Update****

Applied Date: 3 June 2020.

Application received Date: 4 June 2020.

Acknowledgement Date: 31 July 2020 (received passport back, receipt of payment and application reference number.).

Second Letter: 22 December 2020 (the actual letter was dated 27 November 2020).

Approval: 23 November 2021. Date on envelope is 22 November 2021.

Date of Ceremony: N/A. I have to complete the declaration and send it back.

Some background:

I applied for an FOI which I received back August 2021. I then got a solicitor to send a warning letter at the beginning of November 2021 to the department. 2 days later they replied and said that a decision will be issued in the next 12 weeks.

I personally think the warning letter helped.

Good luck to those who are still waiting.

coolgirl
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by coolgirl » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:32 pm

hey can i ask what ur second letter contained?

Dub23
Ireland

Post by Dub23 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:36 pm

Basically just that my application is being assessed and that they would contact me if they needed more information or documents.
coolgirl wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:32 pm
hey can i ask what ur second letter contained?

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:00 pm

Just a little update guys.

So my solicitor sent first warning letter to citizenship to make a decision or we are going to court for JR. I applied same day with my children, so my solicitor sent the the first warning letter as one letter on behalf of me and my children. I was about to instruct my lawyer to send second warning letter because the days we told them to respond is about to expire. Boom i received a response from citizenship today and this is what they wrote:

(a) Reason for the delay of applications, High court cases of 2019. Number of applications granted from two years ago. Outburst of Covid in 2020. Dealing with third countries EES/EU area. Huge number of threats for judicial review from applicants. And lot of improvements.

(b) Don't go to court for Judicial Review. We will issue you and your children decision in 12 week
s

I will not rely on their 12 weeks as there are cases of 12 weeks promise but still did not make decision on their application, so i won't put my hope high on them. I'm thinking i should reject their 12 weeks offer and go straight to court to force a decision? I applied in February 2020 with my children same day. What do you think guys? Thoughts?

idonteatanimals
India

Post by idonteatanimals » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:51 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:00 pm

So my solicitor sent first warning letter to citizenship to make a decision or we are going to court for JR. I applied same day with my children, so my solicitor sent the the first warning letter as one letter on behalf of me and my children. I was about to instruct my lawyer to send second warning letter because the days we told them to respond is about to expire. Boom i received a response from citizenship today and this is what they wrote:

(a) Reason for the delay of applications, High court cases of 2019. Number of applications granted from two years ago. Outburst of Covid in 2020. Dealing with third countries EES/EU area. Huge number of threats for judicial review from applicants. And lot of improvements.

(b) Don't go to court for Judicial Review. We will issue you and your children decision in 12 week
s

I will not rely on their 12 weeks as there are cases of 12 weeks promise but still did not make decision on their application, so i won't put my hope high on them. I'm thinking i should reject their 12 weeks offer and go straight to court to force a decision? I applied in February 2020 with my children same day. What do you think guys? Thoughts?
Most people on this sub do get their approvals in 12 weeks time. I would say save your money and time by not going for JR and wait it out. 90% chance you will get it in 12 weeks, if not you can go for JR or second warning letter.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:11 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:

s

Hi there,

just to understand - when you applied for citizenship in Feb 2020, the processing time was 6 months? If that was the case, why did the solicitor send the first warning letter at 22 months, with the reasoning to follow onto a judicial review letter at 24 months, and not at say 10 months, with the reasoning to follow onto a judicial review at 12 months?

I am new to the system and I am just trying to make sense of it. Do solicitors act with the consideration of the application turnover at the time the applicant sent in the form and evidence, or with the application turnover that has been announced during the time that the solicitor just to happens to need to send the first warning letter?

ailA2019
Ireland

Post by ailA2019 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:09 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:

s

the sound is generic response.
have mention any issues with the application or anything about final stage ?

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:14 am

Nala2021 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:11 pm
johnpromise01 wrote:

s

Hi there,

just to understand - when you applied for citizenship in Feb 2020, the processing time was 6 months? If that was the case, why did the solicitor send the first warning letter at 22 months, with the reasoning to follow onto a judicial review letter at 24 months, and not at say 10 months, with the reasoning to follow onto a judicial review at 12 months?

I am new to the system and I am just trying to make sense of it. Do solicitors act with the consideration of the application turnover at the time the applicant sent in the form and evidence, or with the application turnover that has been announced during the time that the solicitor just to happens to need to send the first warning letter?

Yes the processing time was 6 month when I applied in February 2020.

Based on my understanding and findings, High Court will not welcome any citizenship application for Judicial Review if the application is not up to 2 years or over without a decision. It doesn't matter if the processing time was 1 month or 6 month when the applicant applied.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:07 pm

Anyone get decision before the 12 weeks in their reply after first warning letter from solicitor to them for JR? Or how long?

Shakey

Post by Shakey » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:30 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:07 pm
Anyone get decision before the 12 weeks in their reply after first warning letter from solicitor to them for JR? Or how long?
I didn't even need a solicitors letter got get them to hurry along. A letter making clear I would go for a JR was enough to get my decision within a few weeks.

I would recommend you wait. If they go over 12 weeks then they are fair game.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:31 pm

Just got an email invitation to the virtual ceremony for the 13 of December at 19:00.
Application was approved in January, I thought I will not get the invitation, but turned out it will be sent eventually.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:58 am

Vorona wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:31 pm
Just got an email invitation to the virtual ceremony for the 13 of December at 19:00.
Application was approved in January, I thought I will not get the invitation, but turned out it will be sent eventually.

My world, don't tell me that you've not received your certificate since you got your approval? :shock:

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:37 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:58 am
My world, don't tell me that you've not received your certificate since you got your approval? :shock:
I received the certificate several months ago. But still it is nice to be invited to celebrate it, even virtually.