ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens in case you don't pick up call from INIS regarding passport return?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nala2021
Greece

What happens in case you don't pick up call from INIS regarding passport return?

Post by Nala2021 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi all,

I was just wondering the following.

What happens if you miss a call from INIS (either at home, or on your mobile)? At the end of the day it seems you can't call back as they use an unknown number.

Will they leave a message on your phone (voicemail) or then go on to contact you via email?

Has anyone had passports returned even they have accidentally missed a call from INIS?

:shock:

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Re: What happens in case you don't pick up call from INIS regarding passport return?

Post by OneWorld2122 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:18 am

They may try to follow up again, there are many who received passport without any calls or emails so may be, they may just sent the passport at provided address.

siseñor
Saudi Arabia

Re: What happens in case you don't pick up call from INIS regarding passport return?

Post by siseñor » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:24 am

I missed their call from an unknown number and a week later got an email from them to confirm the address. So I wouldn't worry. They know how to reach you but it might delay things a little bit.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:37 pm

Thanks to both who replied, appreciate it.

I suppose it's better to catch that phone call, however I do hope that the department make use of the email as well in order to ensure their goal of getting in touch.