ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:55 am

Hi all

Asking for a friend and was hoping senior members can give some guidance please in light of UK coming out of the EU

Friend has British Citizenship who lives in Ireland and wants to marry non EU partner. The plan is to bring partner over and live in Ireland.

1. Does British citizenship makes it easier or more difficult to bring partner over?
2. Or should my friend obtain Irish Citizenship and bring over his wife to be as a spouse of Irish citizen?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Romantic123
Ireland

Re: Bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland

Post by Romantic123 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:15 pm

The following is a long read but has most or all the information your friend would need.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Family%2 ... cument.pdf

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: Bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:24 am

Romantic123 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:15 pm
The following is a long read but has most or all the information your friend would need.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Family%2 ... cument.pdf
Thanks

I will give it a read but I was hoping for a “nuts and bolts” explanation of what would be the best approach in my friend’s situation.

Regards