ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time out of UK after MN1 application and applying for citizenship from outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

farazk86
Pakistan

[MN1] Should I add passport to supporting documents even though in application I said applicant does not have passport?

Post by farazk86 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:38 pm

Hi,

So I'm applying for my daughter's MN1 application and have submitting the online application and have biometrics next week. I am now uploading the supporting documents to UKVCAS and had this thought.

So at the time of application my daughter did not have a passport as she was born in the UK only 3 months ago and we have not travelled anywhere. I mentioned this in the application and said that she does not have a passport.

She did have a government issued ID card from my home country and I mentioned that in application and is a mandatory document to be uploaded.

But since the application submission I have applied for her passport on urgent basis as we are planning on travelling in December. We have received her passport now.

So, even though I mentioned the above in the application, should I still upload the passport and mention this in a short note in the covering letter?

Or should I not mention it at all, as in application I said I dont have her passport, so its best not to even bring it up.

I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the decision.

Will adding or not adding the passport help or hurt the application? Since we are travelling in December, can there be a risk of home office asking for her original passport? thus preventing us from travel?

Thanks

farazk86
Pakistan

Re: [MN1] Should I add passport to supporting documents even though in application I said applicant does not have passpo

Post by farazk86 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:30 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on this please?

Thanks

Bash_
Syria

Re: [MN1] Should I add passport to supporting documents even though in application I said applicant does not have passpo

Post by Bash_ » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:56 am

I don't think there are any cons to declaring that you've got a passport, as by default your child will have the first nationality and then be registered as British. and you've already included the national ID. So can't think of any issue from doing the passport as well.

I would say the passport confirms identity so might be worth including it.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:38 pm

Bash_ wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:56 am
I don't think there are any cons to declaring that you've got a passport, as by default your child will have the first nationality and then be registered as British. and you've already included the national ID. So can't think of any issue from doing the passport as well.

I would say the passport confirms identity so might be worth including it.
Thank you, that was my understanding as well, but just wanted to discuss it here before going ahead.

My only concern was that I may not be asked to submit the original as we are planning on travelling in December.

Bash_
Syria

Post by Bash_ » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:33 pm

you're not going to send them the passport physically, all supporting docs are uploaded online. and there is also no issue of traveling while applying for registration, you just need to be careful as if it's approved, the child's BRP will be invalid so you need to either apply for a first child passport from abroad or get a certificate of abode.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:47 pm

Thanks for the answer, so that puts my mind at ease and I'll upload the passport as well.

As for travel, my daughter was born only recently and doesnt have an ILR. She was born in UK.

And yes, applying for passport from abroad is the intention now. Once registration is successful, I will applyt for her from Pakistan so that she can travel and join me again :)

farazk86
Pakistan

Time out of UK after MN1 application and applying for citizenship from outside UK

Post by farazk86 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:42 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for MN1 registration of my daughter, who was born in UK. She was born in July, I got my ILR in August.

I have submitted her MN1 application online and we have biometrics for her after 2 days (on 12th).

We plan on travelling back to our home country after biometrics. Once her MN1 registration is approved I intend to apply for her passport from Pakistan. And when she has her passport she can come join me in UK.

So a break down of my plan is that:

We apply for her MN1 registration, then we go back to our country for holiday. I then return back to UK, but my wife and daughter will stay behind as daughter does not have visa.

Instead of spending a lot of money on a dependant visa, I wanted to apply directly for citizenship. When MN1 is approved, my daughter can apply for passport from embassy in Pakistan and then when she has passport she can travel back to UK.

This was I dont have to spend a lot of extra money on a ILR dependant visa.

From a recent post asking here, I verified that there is no travel restriction after MN1, so we can travel.

But other than that, can anyone please suggest if the above plan is problematic in any way. In case I missed some minor detail that may cause problems for us?

After MN1 application approval, is there some time limit within which we have to apply for passport? Or is there any time out of UK limitation for my daughter?

Many thanks for anyone sharing their knowledge in this case.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Time out of UK after MN1 application and applying for citizenship from outside UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:44 pm

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

farazk86
Pakistan

Re: Time out of UK after MN1 application and applying for citizenship from outside UK

Post by farazk86 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:44 pm
Topics merged!!
My new question is completely different than the question it was merged into. They are two different questions. The previous was only asking if I should include passport in my supporting documents, whereas the new question has nothing to do with that topic.

I dont understand why the merge?

But ok I guess....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:01 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:25 pm

Can anyone please help answer my above question.

After MN1 approval can a new passport be applied from embassy of Pakistan from outside of UK?

Is there any rule against first passports not being issued from out of UK?

Many thanks

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:44 pm

Once you get your child MN1 apply for the British passport in the UK and take to your home country. If you apply for the first British passport from Pakistan expect delays. It would take upto 1 year to get the British passport. On my personal experience I applied for the my kids British passport in UK whilst my kids was back home. Search my posts to find more idea.
Hope this help.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:59 pm

bubbly123 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:44 pm
Once you get your child MN1 apply for the British passport in the UK and take to your home country. If you apply for the first British passport from Pakistan expect delays. It would take upto 1 year to get the British passport. On my personal experience I applied for the my kids British passport in UK whilst my kids was back home. Search my posts to find more idea.
Hope this help.
Many thanks for your reply bubbly123

That seems like the best route. As I will still be here in UK while my daughter will be in Pakistan. Once I have the MN1 certificate, I assume I can apply for her first passport online and get it in the mail?

Based on your experience, as you were in the exact same situation that I am, were there any additional documents required when applying for passport online from UK? Were only pictures required to be uploaded? And when passport was delivered what ID were they asking to see?

I'm asking as my daughter is travelling very soon and if there is anything I need to retain back, then I'll do that.

Thanks again for your reply :)

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:59 am

Birth certificate, MN1 is the main documents to be sent. DX courier will deliver the passports and they don't do any physical contact and no signature.
Hope this help.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:26 pm

bubbly123 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:59 am
Birth certificate, MN1 is the main documents to be sent. DX courier will deliver the passports and they don't do any physical contact and no signature.
Hope this help.
Yes, very helpful. Thanks :)

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:23 pm

Hi @Bubbly123, your post about first child British passport is really useful. However i would like to know if your mn1 certificate shows whether biometrics were given within the uk or not!

Because I have applied and given biometrics for child's mn1 from india and will receive her certificate in india.

But I'm (her father) living in the uk can make a passport application behalf of her within the uk?

Many thanks for your reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:27 pm

Vasanthram prakasam wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:23 pm
Hi @Bubbly123, your post about first child British passport is really useful. However i would like to know if your mn1 certificate shows whether biometrics were given within the uk or not!

Because I have applied and given biometrics for child's mn1 from india and will receive her certificate in india.

But I'm (her father) living in the uk can make a passport application behalf of her within the uk?

Many thanks for your reply.
Please do not tag onto other posts. The certificates do NOT state where biometrics were enrolled at all!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:51 pm

Thanks CR001 for your kind reply. And sorry for jumping in here.
Should I have to create a new loop in the future related to child's first passport query just in case. Thanks