ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

circlethewagons12
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by circlethewagons12 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:45 pm

Hello,

After a VERY long wait, I'm excited to say I got an email today saying my FBR application has been approved.

Below is my Timeline:

Application online: July 29/2019
Documents received: Aug 20/2019
Address Confirmation Email: Nov 30/2021
Congratulations Email: Nov 30/2021
FBR Certificate Received: TBD

So after a 27-month wait (Some months I actually didn't think this would happen) I have finally been approved and added to the FBR. Now, as soon as I receive my certificate in the mail (they said it takes 4-6 weeks to mail out) I can apply for my Irish passport.

I will be having a few pints of Guinness tonight in celebration.

bramarcan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bramarcan » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:02 pm

circlethewagons12 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:45 pm
Hello,

After a VERY long wait, I'm excited to say I got an email today saying my FBR application has been approved.

Below is my Timeline:

So after a 27-month wait (Some months I actually didn't think this would happen) I have finally been approved and added to the FBR. Now, as soon as I receive my certificate in the mail (they said it takes 4-6 weeks to mail out) I can apply for my Irish passport.

Congratulations!!! A few pints of Guinness is well deserved for that level of patience!

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:39 pm

circlethewagons12 wrote:
Hello,

Below is my Timeline:

Congrats!!!

jgclancy

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:39 pm

skyhigh123 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:34 pm
Skyhigh123-More progress:

7/11/2019 Email to let me know that my payment has been taken
25/11/2019 Email confirmation that my documents had been received
19/11/2021 Telephone call to confirm that my application was successful and checking my address
30/11/2021 Congratulations email, certificate has been posted, passport application included
Congrats....jgclancy

UncleBud
United States of America

Post by UncleBud » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:00 pm

neemah_ wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:22 am
UncleBud wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:43 am

I'm really interested in how you consolidated your applications. Are you saying that you submitted only one copy of all of your ancestry documents (including your parents), combined it with you and your sisters' information and submitted it in one envelope? Did you include a cover letter on what was included? We're going to submit paperwork for our grandkids and it would be great if we could consolidate.

Thank you and congratulations!
We printed all three applications and our certified IDs and proofs of address etc, put them in separate plastic wallets with a sticker with name and application number on. We then put all ancestry documents (Mam’s documents and granddad’s documents) into another plastic wallet labelled ancestry documents, and then I stuck a note in there detailing all three full names and application numbers and stated the ancestry documents were for all three applications. It was all posted in one envelope!

It felt like overkill but I think it was nice to have everything labelled up so it was clear there were three separate applications with their own proofs of address and ID, and then one set of ancestry documentation which related to them all :)
Thank you so much for this information! And thank you bramarcan for also sharing your experience!

NYmph10927
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by NYmph10927 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:58 am

circlethewagons12 wrote:
Hello,

Below is my Timeline:

Congratulations! This gives me hope given the fact that my early Oct 2019 application is still languishing on a desk somewhere.

Jimmy O
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jimmy O » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:25 am

Hi all,

Having just seen various postings related to multiple applications for siblings etc, and also having just had my application 'fast-tracked' to due my wife's pregnancy, I thought I'd jot down a few comments and thoughts which may address some general concerns:

1. Multiple Applications in One Application (siblings):

I applied for Irish Citizenship in 2019 (docs received on 8 October 2019) for myself and on behalf of my two siblings (a brother and sister); so three applications in one.

I did what another recent posting ('neemah' in response to 'UncleBud') indicated which was to put the three individual applications in three separate labelled plastic folders, with the shared documents pertinent to all three of us (ie. our mother's certificates and our grandfather's certificates) in a fourth folder. I also included a cover letter setting out the contents of each folder and asking for us all to be dealt with in one go using the shared documents.

Until our applications were processed, I had no idea whether this state of affairs (having three applications in one) would complicate things, but it would appear that FBR takes a very pragmatic approach. Once our application was administrated, the pertinent administrator dealt with all three applications at the same time. I and my brother had our applications approved immediately and we were e-mailed (separately) to request confirmation of address etc. My sister, however, had only provided a 'short form' birth certificate and not the requisite 'long form' (see Paragraph 2!), so her application has been held up until she can send on the relevant document.

The point in noting the above is that not only were all three of our applications processed at the same time and quite quickly when our turn came around, but with one application requiring further attention, it did NOT hold up the other two, which is great news. My sister has just been instructed to send on the relevant document and then she will also then have her application approved immediately and her documents sent back to her with the certificate as per the norm.

So, there it is. The sibling/multiple process seems to be fairly simple (assuming you send in the relevant documents, of course) and, more to the point, one erroneous application will not unnecessarily hold up the others.

2. Short Form/Long Form Birth Certificates (UK Only):

It would appear that at some stage between my and my brothers births, and my sister's birth, the system of issuance of birth certificates changed in the UK. To that extent, while my brother and I were automatically issued with the 'long form' of UK birth certificate, my sister wasn't. Apparently from a certain date, 'short form' certificates were issued automatically, but you had to apply for/pay for the longer version.

I note the above for people's awareness because we had no idea that there were two versions of a UK birth certificate and, although official, a short version will not be accepted. Apparently this is because the short form version does not demonstrate lineage etc which is what they want to see.

So.... just make sure, when applying, you include the long form birth certificate otherwise you'll be obliged to reshow and it'll hold up your applications further. My sister has had to track down the relevant authority to apply for a copy of her long form birth certificate which requires payment obviously, and will take at least 15 days to receive, before then having to send it on to Dublin etc etc.

3. Pregnancy Fast-Tracking:

Finally (and well done for making it this far!), my wife is entering her third trimester with our first child. I wanted to ensure that our son could also have the option to take on Irish citizenship and clearly, as you're all aware, the parent needs to have received their citizenship ahead of the birth of the child.

I contacted the Irish passport office (NOT FBR!) a couple of months ago to enquire about pregnancy fast-tracking as this is what we were instructed to do at the time by the FRB website as FBR was notionally closed.

The passport office didn't really know where things were at in terms of progress in FBR, and also stated that I shouldn't bother contacting them again until a couple of months prior to the birth of our child, at which point they might do something about it. To be honest, this was pretty unhelpful and didn't fill me with confidence that things would be sorted out in time (particularly if there was a complication with my application requiring further docs to be sent back-and-forth to Dublin etc and/or if our child were to be born early/premature).

As it is, when I saw someone post the emergency/urgent FBR e-mail address the other day, I decided to take a chance and e-mail them to let them know that I'd been waiting for well over 2 years for my application to be processed and that my wife was pregnant etc.

To my amazement, I was contacted that same day by someone at FBR who said that my e-mail/application had been forwarded to the 'Entitlement Team' and that I would hear back from them within a couple of days.

In fact, I was contacted the following day (as were my two siblings) approving two of our applications immediately and requesting further information from my sister as noted above. To that end, the whole process has been very slick and they were true to their word. Slight panic over - I have been informed that my application has been approved; I have confirmed my address; and I now await the return of my docs and the FBR certificate.

So... for any applicants who are pregnant or have a pregnant wife, while I can't guarantee that you'll receive the same speed at which I received a response, the system appears to work and they seem to take it seriously. Clearly, much may depend on how far along the pregnancy is, of course...

4. Updated Timelines (hastened by pregnancy enquiry):

Application online: 5 April 2019
Documents received: 8 October 2019
Communication with FBR Urgenct Enquiry E-mail Address: 29 November 2021
Address Confirmation Email: 30 November 2021
Congratulations Email: TBC
FBR Certificate Received: TBC

Jimmy O
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jimmy O » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:39 am

5. Thank you

At risk of making my longer posting even longer... I just wanted to thank those people who set up this forum for their dedication and proactivity in keeping us all up-to-date with events and progress. This forum has been EXTREMELY helpful in managing my expectations and for allowing others (whom also deserve a big thank you) to impart their experiences for the benefit of all. I would not have got my approval through in time (before my son's birth) without having had access to this forum and advice rendered.

Dare I say it, it is a very sad indictment of the FBR process that DFAT couldn't be bothered to keep applicants updated themselves (having paid their fees, having been kept waiting in the dark for years and with their important original documents also kept in limbo). To that end, this forum has done their work for them and kept us all informed - THANK YOU!

Mr_Knight
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mr_Knight » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:09 pm

Jimmy O wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:39 am
5. Thank you

At risk of making my longer posting even longer... I just wanted to thank those people who set up this forum for their dedication and proactivity in keeping us all up-to-date with events and progress. This forum has been EXTREMELY helpful in managing my expectations and for allowing others (whom also deserve a big thank you) to impart their experiences for the benefit of all. I would not have got my approval through in time (before my son's birth) without having had access to this forum and advice rendered.

Dare I say it, it is a very sad indictment of the FBR process that DFAT couldn't be bothered to keep applicants updated themselves (having paid their fees, having been kept waiting in the dark for years and with their important original documents also kept in limbo). To that end, this forum has done their work for them and kept us all informed - THANK YOU!
Congratulations to you & yours. While im not connected to pregnancy/multiple applications I still find them interesting reads as it shines some light on the inner workings of the hidden & secretive FBR department that really likes to operate in the shadows. I think its very helpful when people explain their back and forth with the FBR so others know what to expect or what to plan for. Thanks.

jamiepompey
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jamiepompey » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:55 pm

Jimmy O wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:39 am
5. Thank you

Congratulations on your citizenship! Quick question, did the FBR team not request proof of pregnancy before approving your application? They had me send in a letter from our doctor with estimated due dates etc to prove that my wife was pregnant.

Jimmy O
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jimmy O » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:16 pm

Hi Jamie,

In my e-mail to the FBR, I gave our 'due date' and offered to send whatever proof FBR required to support my claim (ie a doctor's letter) anticipating, of course, that they would require evidence.

To be honest, I was slightly surprised that my application was approved without having had to provide that supporting documentation...

With that said, it may well be that having already been waiting for well over 2 years, they decided not to mess about and used some discretion given that my application can't have been far from the top of the pile anyway.

I don't know where you were in the queue and how long you'd been waiting already for your application to be approved, but I suspect that they might be much stricter for younger applications if they're likely to bypass a significant number of older applications. Who knows?!

TInFE
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TInFE » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:58 pm

while my application slowly makes its way through, my brother wants to FBR now too.

I see mention of joint applications/siblings here.

Does anyone know if it possible for a sibling to an application in now, link to mine and then perhaps just send in their birth certificate?

TInFE
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

while my application slowly makes its way through, my brother wants to FBR now too.

Does anyone know if it possible for a sibling to an application in now, link to mine and then perhaps just send in their birth certificate?

TInFE
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Mr_Knight
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mr_Knight » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:15 am

TInFE wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:58 pm

I doubt it as your application was sent over a year and a half ago. He could message the FBR but the request seems a bit cheeky. I think joint applications means sent together at the same time in the same envelope.

mcmccarthy
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mcmccarthy » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:47 am

Hi all--Long time lurker, and many thanks to those who share their tips and experiences. I received my good news today! In August 2019, my application and documentation were received, and not a word since then. But today, got the email we are all hoping for. Wishing you all the best!

TrishMc
United States of America

Post by TrishMc » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:56 am

mcmccarthy wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:47 am
Hi all--Long time lurker, and many thanks to those who share their tips and experiences. I received my good news today! In August 2019, my application and documentation were received, and not a word since then. But today, got the email we are all hoping for. Wishing you all the best!
Congratulations, mmccarthy! Please remember to update the Google spreadsheet with your dates so the rest of us waiting can revel in the progress.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:36 pm

mcmccarthy wrote:

Congrats--I'll hoist a pint for ya tonight!

jgclancy

walter3ca
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by walter3ca » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:55 am

TrishMc wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:56 am
mcmccarthy wrote:
Congratulations, mmccarthy! Please remember to update the Google spreadsheet with your dates so the rest of us waiting can revel in the progress.
What Google spreadsheet? Where?

Suro
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Suro » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:56 am

mcmccarthy wrote:
What Google spreadsheet? Where?
Its here :)
Last edited by Suro on Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Suro
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Suro » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:57 am

Or here as a link if thats easier Link to the spreadsheet

TInFE
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TInFE » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:51 pm

Mr_Knight wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:15 am
TInFE wrote:

I doubt it as your application was sent over a year and a half ago. He could message the FBR but the request seems a bit cheeky. I think joint applications means sent together at the same time in the same envelope.
Thanks Mr Knight ! Think we'll give it a miss..

brainiacghost
United Kingdom

Post by brainiacghost » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:40 pm

TInFE wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:51 pm
Mr_Knight wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:15 am
TInFE wrote:

Thanks Mr Knight ! Think we'll give it a miss..
Can't hurt to ask, for example, they may not expedite, but they may be able to keep the documents to review, or mark on the file that certain documents have been reviewed.

May as well pop in an email to the urgent enquiries email and see what they say?

Adelesan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Adelesan » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:19 pm

mcmccarthy wrote:
Congratulations! I'm also an August 2019er so your news gives me hope! Thanks for updating!

Valo
Ireland

Post by Valo » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:34 pm

Anyone able to help?

I'm getting 2 proofs of address and on the FBR website it says 'original'

Does this mean that they have to have been sent out to me? Or can I print it off? Because I am currently on my uni website and they have an application that allows you to generate a 'student status report' confirming your attendance at the uni which also contains my address. Would this be accepted? Because it's pretty much downloaded to your computer instantly when you request it meaning I'd need to print it off.