ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document Upload - proof of living in the UK?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nick123999
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Document Upload - proof of living in the UK?

Post by nick123999 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:06 pm

Hi All

I am just in the process of uploading documents for a naturalisation application. The ILR was only done a couple of months ago so its mainly a case of reuploading the same documents.

Quick question though on the checklist is says 'proof of living in the UK for xxx for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years ifapplying as the spouse of a British Citizen'

Would her passport surfice for this or do we need to provide correspondence letters like we did with the ILR application?

Thanks for your advise as always :)

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Document Upload - proof of living in the UK?

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:18 pm

Naturalisation isn't an immigration application like ILR - don't load everything you used for ILR.
As a UK ILR holder you are only required to probide passport(s) covering the residency period.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.