ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS appointments for FLR M

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

inderjeet101
Mood:
India

FLR(M) Latest Documents Checklist

Post by inderjeet101 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:42 pm

Hi Folks,

I am looking for the latest documents checklist for FLR(M) spouse visa extension. If someone has applied/got the visa recently kindly help me with the detailed list of documents submitted.

Also, I have a query on when to submit the application. My BRP is expiring on 24th Jan 2022. How soon can I apply? Shall I wait for the 28-day window and apply either in December end or January first week?

Thanks in Advance!

inderjeet101
Mood:
India

Re: FLR(M) Latest Documents Checklist

Post by inderjeet101 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:23 pm

Hi Admins and Moderators, Kindly help me with this query. If there is any relevant thread I can look at kindly share the link. I am not able to find any such discussion thread! Thanks.

Robstin2014
United States of America

Post by Robstin2014 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:49 pm

Hi,

My wife's FLR(M) was accepted around 2 months ago via the Super Priority Service.

Here's a summary of what is required based on our experience.

Financial requirement;
- Last 6 months payslips
- Last 6 months bank statements (must correspond with payslips)
- Letter from employer confirming job title, duration worked at the company, annual salary and legitimacy of payslips

Proof of residence and cohabitation;
- 6 x items of correspondence in joint names or 12 x items in single names over the last 2 years (not the full 2.5 years from what I understand)

You will also be required to provide consent forms Part 1 and 2.

IHS reference number will be given to you upon payment as part of the online application process.

We booked the Biometrics via the Super Priority Service so this may be different for you, depending on the service you choose.

In any case, you should be given a list of the documents required to be uploaded to the online portal as part of the application process.

I hope this helps.

Robstin2014
United States of America

Post by Robstin2014 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:55 pm

It should be noted that we were exempted from the English Language requirements due to my wife being from a predominantly English speaking country. So this could be different for you.

It should also be noted that the items of correspondence must be spread out as evenly as possible. Do not leave gaps of more than 3-4 months.

inderjeet101
Mood:
India

Post by inderjeet101 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:06 pm

Thanks, Rob for the response. This definitely helps me to list down the documents needed for my upcoming FLR(M) application.

I have made the below checklist of all documents needed for my upcoming FLR(M) application. I would request the experienced Admins and members of this forum to kindly have a look if this will suffice.

1. Personal Documents
- Online Application Form - To be submitted online within 28 days of BRP expiry
- Applicant's Passport - Old and New - All pages
- Applicant's BRP
- Sponsor's British Passport - ID page only
- IHS No - Received upon completion of fee payment online
- Declaration and Consent Forms - Received upon completion of online application

2. Relationship Documents
- Marriage Certificate

3. Accommodation Documents
- UK rent agreement over the last 2.5 yrs
- Council Tax Statements

4. English Language Requirement Documents
- UK NARIC Letter - Issues in Sep 2018 for my first application - Leave to Enter
- Letter from University stating the degree was taught in English - is this required?
- Actual Master's Degree - is this Required?

5. Financial Requirement Documents (Sponsor's)
- Bank Statements - 6 months
- Pay Slips - 6 Months
- Employment Letter
- P60

6. Cohabitation Documents
- NHS Letters
- Bank Statements
- Council Tax Statements
- Electoral Registration Letter
- HMRC Letters
- Joint Utility Bills
- Rent Agreement (showing the applicant as a permitted occupier in the rented accommodation)

Apart from these do we need to write a covering letter and a sponsorship letter as well to summarize my application?

For the FLR(M) application, as relationship proof do we need to provide photographs and mutual correspondence/chats etc as we did in the Leave to Enter application?

Any inputs and suggestions are most welcomed. Look forward to the responses from experienced folks here.

Thank You

inderjeet101
Mood:
India

Post by inderjeet101 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:49 am

Requesting Members and Admins to reply. Thanks.

inderjeet101
Mood:
India

Post by inderjeet101 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:49 am

Hi Guys,

Request someone to kindly respond to my queries.

Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:29 pm

inderjeet101 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:06 pm
Thanks, Rob for the response. This definitely helps me to list down the documents needed for my upcoming FLR(M) application.

I have made the below checklist of all documents needed for my upcoming FLR(M) application. I would request the experienced Admins and members of this forum to kindly have a look if this will suffice.

1. Personal Documents
- Online Application Form - To be submitted online within 28 days of BRP expiry
- Applicant's Passport - Old and New - All pages
- Applicant's BRP
- Sponsor's British Passport - ID page only
- IHS No - Received upon completion of fee payment online
- Declaration and Consent Forms - Received upon completion of online application

2. Relationship Documents
- Marriage Certificate

3. Accommodation Documents
- UK rent agreement over the last 2.5 yrs
- Council Tax Statements

4. English Language Requirement Documents
- UK NARIC Letter - Issues in Sep 2018 for my first application - Leave to Enter YES
- Letter from University stating the degree was taught in English - is this required? NO required.
- Actual Master's Degree - is this Required? YES very important

5. Financial Requirement Documents (Sponsor's)
- Bank Statements - 6 months
- Pay Slips - 6 Months
- Employment Letter
- P60 OPTIONAL

6. Cohabitation Documents
- NHS Letters
- Bank Statements
- Council Tax Statements
- Electoral Registration Letter
- HMRC Letters
- Joint Utility Bills
- Rent Agreement (showing the applicant as a permitted occupier in the rented accommodation)

Apart from these do we need to write a covering letter and a sponsorship letter as well to summarize my application?

For the FLR(M) application, as relationship proof do we need to provide photographs and mutual correspondence/chats etc as we did in the Leave to Enter application?

Any inputs and suggestions are most welcomed. Look forward to the responses from experienced folks here.

Thank You
No cover letter needed unless you have something you need to address.
Photo graphs are not required.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

inderjeet101
Mood:
India

Post by inderjeet101 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:38 pm

Hi Tod,

Can you also please elaborate on the 28 day rule? Does my online application need to be mandatorily within 28 day of BRP expiry? Or can I apply earlier as well? My BRP expires on 24 Jan 2022.

I have traveled out of UK for around 50 days in last 2.5 yrs of living here? Will that make any difference to my application?

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:56 am

inderjeet101 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:38 pm
Hi Tod,

Can you also please elaborate on the 28 day rule? Does my online application need to be mandatorily within 28 day of BRP expiry? Or can I apply earlier as well? My BRP expires on 24 Jan 2022. It is within 28 days of reaching 30 months/2.5years in UK counting from the date of entry to UK on spouse visa. If you apply early you run the risk of having a shortfall in your time for ILR SET M application. Can you state the date you entered UK on spouse visa?

I have traveled out of UK for around 50 days in last 2.5 yrs of living here? Will that make any difference to my application?
No, there is no absence limit for those on spouse visa or route.
Thank you

inderjeet101
Mood:
India

Post by inderjeet101 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:28 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:56 am
inderjeet101 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:38 pm
Hi Tod,

Can you also please elaborate on the 28 day rule? Does my online application need to be mandatorily within 28 day of BRP expiry? Or can I apply earlier as well? My BRP expires on 24 Jan 2022. It is within 28 days of reaching 30 months/2.5years in UK counting from the date of entry to UK on spouse visa. If you apply early you run the risk of having a shortfall in your time for ILR SET M application. Can you state the date you entered UK on spouse visa?

No, there is no absence limit for those on spouse visa or route.
Thank you
Hi,

I enetered UK on 17th May 2019.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:42 pm

Based on your previous response, you are eligible to apply for your FLRM since 20th October 2021 till the date of expiration of your current leave.

inderjeet101
Mood:
India

Post by inderjeet101 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:08 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:42 pm
Based on your previous response, you are eligible to apply for your FLRM since 20th October 2021 till the date of expiration of your current leave.
Thank You. I will prepone my application then.

inderjeet101
Mood:
India

UKVCAS appointments for FLR M

Post by inderjeet101 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:04 pm

Hi,

I have a few queries about ukvcas appointments. I have already completed and submitted my online FLR M application and now I am trying to book an appointment.

Do all ukvcas service points have biometric service? I dont need their document scanning sevice as I will do a self upload.

Currently I can see only paid appointments! Is there a way I can book a free application for biometrics?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS appointments for FLR M

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:07 pm

inderjeet101 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:04 pm
Hi,

I have a few queries about ukvcas appointments. I have already completed and submitted my online FLR M application and now I am trying to book an appointment.

Do all ukvcas service points have biometric service? I dont need their document scanning sevice as I will do a self upload.

Currently I can see only paid appointments! Is there a way I can book a free application for biometrics?
The whole purpose of UKCVAS is for biomtric enrollment and identity check. So yea, they all do it.

If there are no free appointments, then you have to pay. Limited free appointments are available as far as I understand and they get booked very quickly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Moblub
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Moblub » Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:41 am

I am applying for my wife n 3 children’s visa extension. There is a question which is confusing,
Do you own or rent your home?
1) I own
2) I rent
3) neither own nor rent.
Now the house mortgage is on my name not on my wife’s name. Which option should she choose?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:08 am

Moblub wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:41 am
I am applying for my wife n 3 children’s visa extension. There is a question which is confusing,
Do you own or rent your home?
1) I own
2) I rent
3) neither own nor rent.
Now the house mortgage is on my name not on my wife’s name. Which option should she choose?
Choose 1, and give a little explanation.

Moblub
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Moblub » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:09 am

But there is no option for explanation
Only doc requested

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:12 am

Moblub wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:09 am
But there is no option for explanation
Only doc requested
That is what you use the additional.information section for or add a cover letter.