ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee Form question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

majkkali
Newly Registered
Poland

Referee Form question

Post by majkkali » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:10 am

Hi everyone,

I passed my English and Life in the UK tests and I submitted by British Citizenship application last week. The only thing left to do now is to upload all the documents along with the referee forms and attend the UKVCAS appointment.
I've got a question regarding the Referee Forms. Can I just print them out with my photo on them (does it need to be in colour or can it be in black & white?) or do I need to attach a separate passport photo to it? Does it make any difference? I mean, as far as I know the Referee Forms have to be uploaded to the website anyway, I don't need to bring them with me to the appointment, right?
Also, is it ok if I just send the forms to my referees or do I need to send them my entire application as well?

Many thanks,
Michal

ItalianPilot
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: Referee Form question

Post by ItalianPilot » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:55 am

My solicitor asked me to bring those and application form, just in case, however they were not checked.

Funny enough I followed someone else tip and scanned the form with photo back and forth as they ask to sign and date the photo, so rightly so I showed them it was done, however the day I did the biometrics the person was confused by it making me think that not many do and just go with a photo on the front (they will take a photo again when you do your biometrics).

Black and white I would say no, not really the 40s anymore, however if you print them with the photo should make no difference as you will not produce the original, it states where the photo goes with a very easy to identify box where the photo needs to go, of course the photo has to be of passport standards not a selfie.

majkkali
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Referee Form question

Post by majkkali » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:57 pm

Thank you very much @ItalianPilot