ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application as family member of EU Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IAmNullPointer
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Application as family member of EU Citizen

Post by IAmNullPointer » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:41 pm

Hi,

I am a non-EU citizen married to EU citizen. Been living in the UK since 2012, left in 2014 and came back in 2015 after a year break (as our twins were born abroad).

I sent an application for me and my 3 children; One born in the UK while we did not have settled nor ILR and the other 2 born abroad.

I got Settled status in 2019. Therefore I believe child one (UK born) can be registered as british due to parent obtaining ILR after being born. The other 2 (born outside UK) will be a discretionary application.

Now, regarding my own application, these are the documents I am planning to send:
- Council tax bill to cover the last 5 years.
- P45 - p60s.
- National Insurance contributions showing the 10 years full contributions.
- Bank statements for the past 5 years (read below why).
- Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for the past 5 years (read below why).
- Travel History from Home office on my name (I made a subject access request to get this from them).
- EEA Family Permit - Residence Card from 2012-2017.
- EEA Family Permit - Residence Card from 2017-2022.
- Mortgage Statement (so they know I am serious about staying here and that my only home is in the UK).

I am over the 450 days by around 30 - 50 days. Around 50 days of my travels are due to business. Hoping discretion will be made. My passport is not stamped when I get into the UK hence I asked the Home Office to give me the information they held and use it to fill up my travel history.

The reason why I want to include CSI and Bank Statements is because I am married to EU citizen and maybe they want to make sure those 5 years have been lawful residence, in other word, exercising treaty rights. With bank statements and CSI they can take it as self-sufficient. Am I right on this? Would it harm if I send all this stuff and is not needed?

Appreciate your feedback.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Application as family member of EU Citizen

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:12 pm

IAmNullPointer wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:41 pm
Hi,

I am a non-EU citizen married to EU citizen. Been living in the UK since 2012, left in 2014 and came back in 2015 after a year break (as our twins were born abroad).

I sent an application for me and my 3 children; One born in the UK while we did not have settled nor ILR and the other 2 born abroad.

I got Settled status in 2019. Therefore I believe child one (UK born) can be registered as british due to parent obtaining ILR after being born. The other 2 (born outside UK) will be a discretionary application.
Just commenting on what is required/sufficient - naturalisation is a straightforward application and doesn't need a myriad of documents:
Now, regarding my own application, these are the documents I am planning to send:
- Council tax bill to cover the last 5 years. sufficient on its own
- P45 - p60s. sufficient on its own
- National Insurance contributions showing the 10 years full contributions. not required
- Bank statements for the past 5 years (read below why). not required
- Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for the past 5 years (read below why). were you exercising treaty rights as "student" or "self-sufficient"?
- Travel History from Home office on my name (I made a subject access request to get this from them). ok
- EEA Family Permit - Residence Card from 2012-2017. Not required - you have settled status
- EEA Family Permit - Residence Card from 2017-2022. ok
- Mortgage Statement (so they know I am serious about staying here and that my only home is in the UK). Not required, you don't need to convince UKVI about this - you are providing enough evidence, even at the minimum.

I am over the 450 days by around 30 - 50 days. Around 50 days of my travels are due to business. Hoping discretion will be made. My passport is not stamped when I get into the UK hence I asked the Home Office to give me the information they held and use it to fill up my travel history.

The reason why I want to include CSI and Bank Statements is because I am married to EU citizen and maybe they want to make sure those 5 years have been lawful residence, in other word, exercising treaty rights. With bank statements and CSI they can take it as self-sufficient. Am I right on this? Would it harm if I send all this stuff and is not needed?
The "self-sufficient" category had a specific definition, for example living off a foreign pension, savings, or investment income. Don't see you need to prove anything.

Of course you are free to send as much documentation as you wish - we can't comment on whether it helps or not - some applicants have only submitted one document to prove residency .... or five P60s or 5 Council Tax bills would be sufficient.

Appreciate your feedback.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

IAmNullPointer
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Re: Application as family member of EU Citizen

Post by IAmNullPointer » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:38 pm

Thanks Alterhase,

Appreciate your feedback. I exercised treaty rights by working since 2017 but there is a small gap where I did not have a job so wanted to include CSI just in case they say that for that small gap I can't be deemed to have been lawfully resident. I had that bit with my first born, they did not give her nationality because her mom did not have CSI for about 1 year after graduating from university.

I understand your point - just thinking if they've got any doubt then is best to have something else to fall. I will remove the p45 and p60 since they are only from 2018 onwards. Will leave the council tax and the national insurance contributions.

Will leave bank statements and CSI to proof treaty rights in case they want to check that.

Thanks for your advise. Appreciated.