ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension- Questions about Consent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mumtaz786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Extension- Questions about Consent

Post by Mumtaz786 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:31 pm

So I have submitted my wife's online application and was confused about the below:

Towards the end of the online application, there are the following 2 questions:

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

My wife is the applicant and I am the husband sponsor. We are not relying on any joint documents to prove residency.

I will use bank statements in my name, hospital letters in my name and HMRC letters in my name.

My wife will use bank statements in her name, hospital letters and letters from the department for work and pension all in her name.

The answer to this question should therefore be no in my case as there are no joint documents. Is this correct?

B) Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

This answer would be no again as I believe this question relates to income from a third party so not the sponsor i.e, myself. Is this correct?

2) The second part of my question refers to the Family Consent Form

On the basis of the information that I have provided, I think only Part 1 of the Form needs to be completed as there are no documentation in joint name (Part 2) and no third party income (Part 3)

Am I correct?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Extension- Questions about Consent

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:55 pm

Applicant sign part 1, sponsor part 2, part 3 not applicable as no third part involved.

Mumtaz786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mumtaz786 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:02 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:55 pm
Applicant sign part 1, sponsor part 2, part 3 not applicable as no third part involved.
Hi thanks for your reply but Part 2 clearly states that "if any information or documentation provided is in joint names of the applicant and another person (or persons), the joint owner should sign the following declaration"

Like I said that that there are no documents in joint names

Also what about the two questions at the end of the application?

Mumtaz786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mumtaz786 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:10 pm

Anyone????

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:20 pm

Mumtaz786 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:02 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Hi thanks for your reply but Part 2 clearly states that "if any information or documentation provided is in joint names of the applicant and another person (or persons), the joint owner should sign the following declaration"

Some wordings on the application open to better interpretation, if you are supplying any documentation that may require them checking then sign it no harm to you.

What 2 questions at the end of application, you are the one who have a view of it so can you state them.

Mumtaz786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mumtaz786 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:13 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:20 pm
Mumtaz786 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:

Some wordings on the application open to better interpretation, if you are supplying any documentation that may require them checking then sign it no harm to you.

What 2 questions at the end of application, you are the one who have a view of it so can you state them.
It is in my original post

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:35 pm

Mumtaz786 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:13 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:20 pm
Mumtaz786 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:

It is in my original post
No to both.

Mumtaz786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mumtaz786 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:06 pm

Thank you