ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3.5yrs WP + 1.5yr HSMP - Can I apply for ILR?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Will_I_Get_ILR
Newly Registered

3.5yrs WP + 1.5yr HSMP - Can I apply for ILR?

Post by Will_I_Get_ILR » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:07 pm

Hi All,

I have got a rather different situation so before going to a solicitor I thought of seeking some advice here.

Summary:

- Came to UK in Nov 03 on Work permit
- Continued working on the WP (3 extensions) until April 07
- Got HSMP in May 07
- Was on unpaid leave in June 07 (no salary in June 07 bank statement)
- Worked outside UK for the same company between July07-Sep07 (salary paid in India)
- Changed jobs in Sep07 and have been continuosly working in UK since then (have got all salary slips and bank statements to prove that)

In a nutshell I cannot provide bank statements between June07-Sep07 to reflect my income in UK but have letters from my employer and the client confirming that I was employed and also that I was required to travel outside UK. Can also substantiate the same with Indian payslips & bank statements.

I know the situation is bit funny & complicated but would appreciate any advice on the same.

Many Thanks,
Will_I_Get_ILR

bani

Re: 3.5yrs WP + 1.5yr HSMP - Can I apply for ILR?

Post by bani » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:40 pm

Will_I_Get_ILR wrote:Hi All,

I have got a rather different situation so before going to a solicitor I thought of seeking some advice here.

Summary:

- Got HSMP in May 07
- Worked outside UK for the same company between July07-Sep07 (salary paid in India)
- Changed jobs in Sep07 and have been continuosly working in UK since then (have got all salary slips and bank statements to prove that)

In a nutshell I cannot provide bank statements between June07-Sep07 to reflect my income in UK but have letters from my employer and the client confirming that I was employed and also that I was required to travel outside UK. Can also substantiate the same with Indian payslips & bank statements.

I know the situation is bit funny & complicated but would appreciate any advice on the same.

Many Thanks,
Will_I_Get_ILR
Yes, you can get ILR. Having gaps in employment is OK and anyway, you can provide most recent 12 months' payslips.

Just make sure you haven't spent more than 225 days outside the UK. Good luck.

snow

Post by snow » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:22 pm

HI

Bani how do you know it is 225 days .

bani

Post by bani » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:23 pm

snow wrote:HI

Bani how do you know it is 225 days .
From other people's experiences when getting ILR at PEOs. The caseworkers check 225 days. If you search for "225 days" or "180 days" you'll find posts that say that.

Will_I_Get_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Will_I_Get_ILR » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:48 am

bani wrote:
Will_I_Get_ILR wrote:Hi All,

Summary:

- Got HSMP in May 07

Many Thanks,
Will_I_Get_ILR
Yes, you can get ILR. Having gaps in employment is OK and anyway, you can provide most recent 12 months' payslips.

Just make sure you haven't spent more than 225 days outside the UK. Good luck.
Thanks Bani! I have spent more than 225 days (in over 5 yrs) outside UK due to multiple business trips and have got letters from employers and clients to confirm the same.

Few questions?
- Do you think providing the letters justifying the business trips would be acceptable?
- Should I be mentioning in my covering letter about my trips outside UK and that I was paid outside UK from July07-Sep07
- Would it be worth going for PEO appointment (went on Friday - but was told at the counter to come back with all payslips/bank statements during my HSMP visa tenure or send the application by post.

Many thanks for your help..Kind Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:05 am

Applying in person[/url] > [url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/contact/applyinginperson/servicesnotavailable/]What services are not available? wrote:Specific schemes

The officers cannot consider applications for the following schemes:
* highly skilled migrant programme - form SET (0).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Will_I_Get_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Will_I_Get_ILR » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:22 pm

vinny wrote:
Applying in person[/url] > [url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/contact/applyinginperson/servicesnotavailable/]What services are not available? wrote:Specific schemes

This is only for people applying for HSMP - I want to apply for ILR so dont think it should be applicable to me?

Markie

Post by Markie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:35 pm

It will apply to you as you will applying for ILR under the HSMP route so...application not accepted through PEO but can be submitted through post.

hope this helps.

Will_I_Get_ILR wrote:
vinny wrote:

This is only for people applying for HSMP - I want to apply for ILR so dont think it should be applicable to me?

alina76

Post by alina76 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi,

I am bit confused here. Are you asking about ILR under HSMP?

if yes, I have got my ILR under HSMP at one of the PEO's.

yarons

Post by yarons » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:58 pm

alina76 wrote:Hi,

I am bit confused here. Are you asking about ILR under HSMP?

if yes, I have got my ILR under HSMP at one of the PEO's.
This claim of people under HSMP cannot apply for ILR at PEO is not new at this forum and I'm not sure why. There is no mentioning of that anywhere. As far as I know, you can apply for ILR at PEO even under HSMP.