ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Meeting the financial requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ss4adib
Newly Registered

Meeting the financial requirements

Post by ss4adib » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:36 am

Hi guys I’m in the process of applying for a visa and could use your help.

I know that we need to show £18,600 income from our jobs. I have two jobs at the moment that average out above the requirement but only one of those I’ve had for more than 6 months. Therefore I presume that I can’t meet the requirement on my own.

My spouse on the other hand is on a 6 month fixed term job that ends this month. If she were to get another job before she finishes would we be eligible to apply under Category A or would be looking at category B, and would we be successful?

Otherwise would it be best for me to go for the graduate route now (I successfully finished my masters) and then apply by myself in April when I will have worked both my jobs for over 6 months.

Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Meeting the financial requirements

Post by TODMATT » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:06 pm

ss4adib wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:36 am
Hi guys I’m in the process of applying for a visa and could use your help.

I know that we need to show £18,600 income from our jobs. I have two jobs at the moment that average out above the requirement but only one of those I’ve had for more than 6 months. Therefore I presume that I can’t meet the requirement on my own.

My spouse on the other hand is on a 6 month fixed term job that ends this month. If she were to get another job before she finishes would we be eligible to apply under Category A or would be looking at category B, and would we be successful?

Otherwise would it be best for me to go for the graduate route now (I successfully finished my masters) and then apply by myself in April when I will have worked both my jobs for over 6 months.

Thanks
You can use both of your jobs under CAT B excluding your wife by looking at your income during those 12 months whether you have earned £18,600?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.