ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Staying more than 6 months

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kikhan
Pakistan

canadian citizen stay over 6 months

Post by kikhan » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:18 pm

My mother, Candian national is staying with me since July 2021. Due to COVID it is difficult to travel and she wants to go back to Canada in May/June 2022.
How can she stay over 6 months without leaving UK, legally?
Can someone kindly help and guide, please.
Thanks

kikhan
Pakistan

Staying more than 6 months

Post by kikhan » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:55 pm

Hi,
My mother is Canadian passport holder so she did not need a visa to come to UK. She is staying with me and her6 months will finish in Jan.
If she leaves UK and goto another country for a few days, will she allowed to enter again in UK and can she stay for another 5 months?
Kindly advise

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Staying more than 6 months

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:55 am

kikhan wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:55 pm
Hi,
My mother is Canadian passport holder so she did not need a visa to come to UK. She is staying with me and her6 months will finish in Jan.
If she leaves UK and goto another country for a few days, will she allowed to enter again in UK and can she stay for another 5 months?
Kindly advise
The HO and IO have cotton on to the going out and coming back after few days. It's a circumvention of the Immigration process. There is high likelihood of not being allowed back in as it will appear she while being a non visa national is shifting to or residing (not visiting) in UK.

secret.simon

Re: Staying more than 6 months

Post by secret.simon » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:38 am

kikhan wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:55 pm
Not legally.

Section 4.2 of Appendix V of the UK Immigration Rules requires that the visitor "will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK their main home".

Also keep in mind that as a visitor, she will be charged 150% of the NHS costs (typically upfront, before the treatment is commenced).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: canadian citizen stay over 6 months

Post by JB007 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:55 pm

kikhan wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:18 pm
My mother, Candian national is staying with me since July 2021. Due to COVID it is difficult to travel and she wants to go back to Canada in May/June 2022.
Due to covid, surely she would be better off back in Canada where she will have free access to their healthcare system? As she came to the UK in July, will she be able to claim back from her travel health insuance, any money she has had to pay the NHS for any covid related hospital treatment and post care?

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: canadian citizen stay over 6 months

Post by JB007 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:09 pm

JB007 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:55 pm
kikhan wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:18 pm
Due to covid, surely she would be better off back in Canada where she will have free access to their healthcare system? As she came to the UK in July, will she be able to claim back from her travel health insuance, any money she has had to pay the NHS for any covid related hospital treatment and post care?
Will her travel insurace even cover the cost of flying back to Canada for treatment for any Covid related treatments once clear of covid, to avoid having to start paying NHS bill @ 150% of the NHS national costs? NHS England is no longer allowed to waive any bills.