ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is my FBR application considered urgent?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ozzy0174
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Is my FBR application considered urgent?

Post by ozzy0174 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:43 pm

So I submitted an FBR application for myself and brother in september of 2020, however by the time I had the documents ready to go in December the offices had closed, a boat I'm sure many are in. I have since sent the documents as soon as they reopened (still don't know if they have my very important and fragile documents btw) and was told on the phone that they would process them in order of the online applications given they have the documents, and that it would take up to 2 years from that application date.
Today however it seems they updated their website and it now says they are processing in order of received documents, and when I spoke to someone from the passport office (not even involved in FBR itself) was told to the best of his knowledge that has now added another YEAR to my application.

I have been preparing to move to continental europe using this citizenship in order to live with my other half for a long time and now this is being put into question yet again and is putting a strain on my entire life (I know I know personal sob stories are irrelevant).
My question is: does my situation constitute grounds for speeding up the process as an emergency application?
Is there any hope for me getting this in 2022 at all?

I'd love to be able to ask the FBR about this themselves but there is currently no way I can find to actually get through to them, only a general passport office advice line with no helpful information, despite multiple emails and calls to I think every Irish government phone line.

I'm at the end of my tether as I'm sure many others are and I need some help.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: Is my FBR application considered urgent?

Post by jgclancy » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:46 pm

ozzy0174 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:43 pm
So I submitted an FBR application for myself and brother in september of 2020, however by the time I had the documents ready to go in December the offices had closed, a boat I'm sure many are in. I have since sent the documents as soon as they reopened (still don't know if they have my very important and fragile documents btw) and was told on the phone that they would process them in order of the online applications given they have the documents, and that it would take up to 2 years from that application date.
Today however it seems they updated their website and it now says they are processing in order of received documents, and when I spoke to someone from the passport office (not even involved in FBR itself) was told to the best of his knowledge that has now added another YEAR to my application.

I have been preparing to move to continental europe using this citizenship in order to live with my other half for a long time and now this is being put into question yet again and is putting a strain on my entire life (I know I know personal sob stories are irrelevant).
My question is: does my situation constitute grounds for speeding up the process as an emergency application?

I'd love to be able to ask the FBR about this themselves but there is currently no way I can find to actually get through to them, only a general passport office advice line with no helpful information, despite multiple emails and calls to I think every Irish government phone line.

As far as I have seen the only expedited applications are for pregnancy. Everyone else is placed in order of receipt of documents in Balbriggan. Not totally true but they seem to get done in batches of a few months at a time (i.e Jun-Jul-Aug).
The clock starts when the documents actually arrive so ,yeah, you have a long wait still

jgclancy

ozzy0174
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ozzy0174 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:09 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:46 pm
ozzy0174 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:43 pm

As far as I have seen the only expedited applications are for pregnancy. Everyone else is placed in order of receipt of documents in Balbriggan. Not totally true but they seem to get done in batches of a few months at a time (i.e Jun-Jul-Aug).
The clock starts when the documents actually arrive so ,yeah, you have a long wait still

jgclancy
I don't suppose you know where they are currently in terms of those batches? And also whether I can expect any notification of my documents actually being received?

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:37 pm

I don't suppose you know where they are currently in terms of those batches? And also whether I can expect any notification of my documents actually being received?
No. You should follow the main thread for FBR. People will have active applications and dates.
They even have a spreadsheet for many of the applications to track progress.
I am done with FBR & doing passport.
I applied FBR & documents received late Jun 2019. Got congrats e-mail mid Dec 2020 but they shut down. Reopened & mailed me the cert in mid Aug 2021. That's my time line.
Good Luck
jgclancy