ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Requirement for FLR Long Residency Holder

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Requirement for FLR Long Residency Holder

Post by kunfayakun » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:18 pm

Hi there, Hope you all well,

Basically I am trying to help someone who got FLR visa 2.5 years based on his long 20yrs residnecy.

Now he wants to bring his non eu wife to uk, but I looked everywhere and it really confusing which category he should go for, so can someone kindly provide me a link or help with this to find out the requirement to bring his wife here please?

Welcome any feedback.

Thanks
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Requirement for FLR Long Residency Holder

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:45 pm

He can only sponsor a spouse once he has ILR. While he has FLR(FP) visas for 4 x 2.5 years, he cannot sponsor a spouse from abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:55 pm

As discussed in this thread, not all immigrants can sponsor their spouses or family to the UK.

Family immigration is mainly restricted to British citizens , people on ILR, people in the UK on work visas, refugees and EEA citizens in the UK under the Withdrawal Agreement.

Migrants under most other categories can't sponsor their spouses to the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:50 pm

Hi there many thanks for the response, it is very sad to hear this, it gonna break his heart :cry: so there is no option he can bring his wife with that visa?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:31 pm

They will have to think outside the box.

The wife can of course come to the UK on a visa on her own steam (Skilled Worker sponsored by an employer, for instance).

Alternatively, your friend may want to move to the wife's country of habitual residence and start a family there.

Or they could move to another country which may be more welcoming of migrants (Canada, some EU countries, etc).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.