ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I apply for FLR(HRO)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GraceKay
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Should I apply for FLR(HRO)

Post by GraceKay » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:32 am

Hello all.
Just to give a bit of background.
I'm a failed asylum seeker who made a further submission March this year. I got married to an American who was resident here in the UK but he has since gone back to the US and I plan to start spouse visa process for USA so I can join him. Problem is, the US laws require me to apply for the spousal visa in the country where the marriage took place (in this case; UK). Now, I know I'm not expecting to hear from H.O. anytime soon about the Further Submissions outcome because it takes ages, but I was wondering if I could apply for FLR(HRO) so at least I can have stable immigration status in UK while husband and I process our US spousal visa to get me to him. I could find no other form that covered my situation. Because if my Further Submissions get denied before we have finished our US spouse visa process, then I would be in danger of being removed and that would mean I can't apply for my spousal visa to go be with my husband since I can only do it here in this country.
I've read how low the success rates are with this kind of application, but I honestly do not know what other direction to go in.
Any advice or pointers would be welcome.

secret.simon

Re: Should I apply for FLR(HRO)

Post by secret.simon » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:41 pm

GraceKay wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:32 am
I was wondering if I could apply for FLR(HRO) so at least I can have stable immigration status in UK
Just making an application will not give you a "stable immigration status" in the UK. That application needs to succeed. Only then would you have a stable immigration status in the UK.

You will still have no immigration status in the UK while the application is in progress, if the application was made when you had no legal status in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

GraceKay
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Re: Should I apply for FLR(HRO)

Post by GraceKay » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:19 pm

Thank you for your response Secret Simon.
Oh I fully understand that much. What I'm basically asking is whether my reasons are feasible. I've seen that it takes circa 12 weeks to get a decision for FLR HRO which is a shorter waiting time than if I were to wait for my Further Submissions to be processed. I just don't want to end up in a situation where my spousal visa processes gets affected by all this.