ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR -SET(M) What is considered as date of application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malik001
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

ILR -SET(M) Financial Requirement - Self employment

Post by Malik001 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I am applying ILR SET(M) for my wife by end of December 2021, but I am having issues understanding some of the financial requirements and would be grateful for your help.

I was working under self employment, starting from May 2021 and ended in September 2021 so my current financial year has not ended yet and I can only submit my self assessment after 6th of April 2022. I can show the invoices sent to the company and they getting paid into my bank account but I believe for the purpose of Visa this is not enough evidence of my gross earning. Can you please guide what documents can I provide to use this source of income?

I was on a fixed term contract from Sep-21 to Nov-21 this year via company PAYE and currently on another fixed term contract to Nov-22 which I am getting paid via umbrella company. If I add all the gross salary from these two employments for 3 months, I will still be short by £2,000 from the required amount and hence, have to rely upon the self employment but not sure what to provide as evidence.

I also have savings which could help me get over that £18,600 mark along with my salaries from Jobs but the source of funds was the self employed role and the requirements says that the earnings must be declared but I can only declare the amount after 6th April.

Your help will be much appreciated.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR -SET(M) Financial Requirement - Self employment

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:02 pm

You cannot claim any self-employment income unless it is declared.
You also cannot combine your cash savings with your previous earnings either.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:34 pm

The most recent financial year at the moment is April 20/21 so if you are going to apply using a self employed income, it must reflect this period or you can do the average of the last 2 financial year.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Malik001
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Malik001 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:56 am

Dear Zimba and TODMATT,

Thank you very much for your reply and making clear that I cannot use my Cash saving along previously earned income and highlighting what year SA needs to be submitted.

My wife is also registered as self employed and she has submitted here last year's tax returns for year ending April 2021. Can you please confirm if I can use her self assessment income along with my salaried income?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:21 pm

Yes she can.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Malik001
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

ILR -SET(M) What is considered as date of application?

Post by Malik001 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:36 pm

Hi All,

I am not sure if this topic is discussed somewhere else but will appreciate your input.

My wife's current leave to remain will expire in first week of January 22. Although she was eligible for SET(M) application in October 21 but since there were issues with satisfying Financial requirements I had to delay the application to December 21.

After entering all the details, first issue is that I am only having an option to apply as standard application and not having option to apply as premium (for which I will wait a day or two to see if premium get available). Other problem is that UKVCAS will not have time slots for another month so most likely will get the Biometrics and documents done by end of January or start of February.

In all this I am worried about the overstay of my wife. Can someone please confirm if the date of application will be the date when the online form is filled, submitted and amount paid to home office or will it be the date when appointment is booked at UKVCAS?

Your help will be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR -SET(M) What is considered as date of application?

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:40 pm

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online. It is not the biometric appointment date, which can be after visa expiry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Malik001
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR -SET(M) What is considered as date of application?

Post by Malik001 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:57 pm

Thank you very much for the confirmation CR001. :)