ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child's passport after Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Child's passport after Naturalization

Post by Yash123 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:36 pm

Hi

My son's Naturalization application is successful and certificate is received where as Me and my wife's application is still under progress. I have following questions :
1) Is there any time restrictions for applying British Passport after Citizenship certificate received?
2) If the child holds Indian passport can he travel to India and travel back to the UK with Citizenship Certificate but no BRP?

thanks in advance..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child's passport after Naturalization

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:10 pm

Your child loses their Indian citizenship from the date on the registration certificate.

The brp is no longer valid once a person becomes British.

You can't travel with Indian passport and registration certificate. Child won't be able to board a plane without a BRP. The registration certificate is not a travel document.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abdulsaid
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by abdulsaid » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:57 pm

I guess u want to know about travel not your own Application and it is registration for children under 18 mot Naturalisation
Well if a child has received their registration and not applying for passport,they can no longer use the BRP and need to be sent back
In terms or travelling, u will need to ask HO to endorse your child's Indian passport the right of abode providing India allows dual nationality.
To answer the question yes you can travel only with the stamp showing right of abode .
Whh would u do that waiting a month for endorsement while passport takes 3 weeks

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Yash123 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:06 pm

abdulsaid wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:57 pm
I guess u want to know about travel not your own Application and it is registration for children under 18 mot Naturalisation
Well if a child has received their registration and not applying for passport,they can no longer use the BRP and need to be sent back
In terms or travelling, u will need to ask HO to endorse your child's Indian passport the right of abode providing India allows dual nationality.
To answer the question yes you can travel only with the stamp showing right of abode .
Whh would u do that waiting a month for endorsement while passport takes 3 weeks
Yeah getting "Right of Abode" is not that simple there is something called Certificate of entitlement I need to get. Again travelling on Indian passport after acquiring British citizenship is only allowed during a grace period of 90 days if you have not yet received British passport.
However entering to UK will not be possible without having "Right of Abode"
Well I am rescheduling my current travel to be on safe side.